2005 MLB Updates for Sports E-cyclopedia.com

NJTank

I am starting to do my annual update of the Baseball section on my site and for fans who like to keep track I decided to open a thread to let you know whena team is done.

As always I start with the reing WOrld Champs so the first team updated is the Boston Red Sox

Red Sox History

Comments are always welcome.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job. A few typos here and there (mostly names), but you've pretty much covered everything. You glossed over a few seasons and went right to the playoffs in 1998 (the first year after Clemens I think).

It would be good to mention the 1999 All-Star Game at Fenway there, with all the stars coming in around Ted Williams.

I think you missed Nomar's ROY and MVP years, along with his batting titles between 1997-2000.

You could also talk about Williams death, all the controversy, and how one long-time broacaster (Ned Martin) passed away as he returned home from speaking at Williams' memorial ceremony.

And don't forget the great fights between the Sox and Yankees too.

All in all, not an easy piece to put together, but pretty good job nonetheless.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I am starting to do my annual update of the Baseball section on my site and for fans who like to keep track I decided to open a thread to let you know whena  team is done.

As always I start with the reing WOrld Champs so the first team updated is the Boston Red Sox

Red Sox History

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

ENJOY IT NOW, CAUSE THE REAL CHAMPIONS, THE YANKEES WILL TAKE BACK THE TITLE THIS YEAR!

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

I am starting to do my annual update of the Baseball section on my site and for fans who like to keep track I decided to open a thread to let you know whena  team is done.

Red Sox History

ENJOY IT NOW, CAUSE THE REAL CHAMPIONS, THE YANKEES WILL TAKE BACK THE TITLE THIS YEAR!

He said comments, not all-capped homer statements.

Red Sox History

loser.

the least you could do is appreciate the effort that tank puts into the site.

Must be a Yankees fan, the ability to read is not universal amongst that crowd.

'not universal' as in 'quite rare actually!' :D

Only kidding any nasyty big yankees fans who might be visiting the UK sometime soon.

Good job tank by the way!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Red Sox History

It's almost like message boards are a magnet to these types of people

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Red Sox History

*whips out the Banhammer and promptly slams yankeeman neck-deep into the concrete*

Anyone ELSE wanna root for the Evil Empire?!

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Red Sox History

With that payroll, you guys should win.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Red Sox History

With that payroll, you guys should win.

Should being the emphasized word. That's a shame, with a lineup they've had from 1999-Present, they should've been World Series Champs, averaging 118 wins a year. But they didn't so

HA HA

Our updates continue with the New York Yankees the team with the most history so large I needed to break teh picture page into 3 including a a page for all 26 championships.

New York Yankees

Once again comments are welcome.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Red Sox History

It's almost like message boards are a magnet to these types of people

considering with some of the other message boards I go to, to see some of the nuts that post there, this board is very well off and lucky.

and Tank, good job man

The updates continue with the Baltimore Orioles who addressed their picthing woes by trading for Sammy Sosa, who is already in uniform on the picture page.

Baltimore Orioles

Comments are welcome as usual

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

The updates continue with the Baltimore Orioles who addressed their picthing woes by trading for Sammy Sosa, who is already in uniform on the picture page.

Baltimore Orioles

How does Sammy Sosa solve a pitching crisis? Did you mean hitting crisis? Or has sammy found a new talent?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Baltimore Orioles

How does Sammy Sosa solve a pitching crisis? Did you mean hitting crisis? Or has sammy found a new talent?

He could solve the pitching crisis by making the team so offensively stacked, the weak pitching isn't an issue.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Baltimore Orioles

I was being sarcastic.

Sosa was not that good of move for the Orioles because he does not address their pitching problems.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Baltimore Orioles

I was being sarcastic.

Sosa was not that good of move for the Orioles because he does not address their pitching problems.

damm sarcastic warning system must have been down!

Although if you have a bad rotation, I suppose there is a small piece of logic that says get one big hitter, rather than looking for 4 or 5 decent pitchers.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Its been a dreadful first 7 years for the Devil Rays, nut for one month they were good in 2004.

Read the story on the latest team that has been updated

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Comments are always welcome

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Archived