St. Louis Cardinals Concept

CB27

I love the current Cards unis, but I was also really impressed with the way the 1940s throwbax they wore against the Orioles a couple of years ago, so this concept is sort of a combination of the current and 1940s unis. I removed yellow from the uniforms, not because I have anything against it in the current uniforms but to try to add to the 40s look. I also changed the road jersey's script to "St. Louis." Cardinals Concept.

This is really nice. I really don't wanna see a change, but I've always thought the 40's look would be the best to work off of if they did decide to change.

Only complaint I have is that I very much enjoy having Cardinals on both jerseys. I know some people want to see all teams with the city name on the roads, but I prefer the uniqueness Cardinals provides on the roads. Plus, with as far as Cardinals nation spans, putting St. Louis on the jerseys wouldn't be fair to them. The STL on the caps provides the right amount of linkage to the city in my opinion.

my only gripe is the grey jersey but thats my gripe with all baseball jerseys. just a bias against grey jerseys. but the design is solid and i like the yellow removed. i never felt it fit in to the cards scheme.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Love the retro look, including the dark bat. Love the "St. Louis" on the roadies, but could you add a 3rd jersey, a road vest, with a navy undershirt, and the "St. Louis"?

I know that many of the posters here hate vests, but this is one instance where I think it could be pulled off.

metslogo_215.gif

Great minds think alike my friend. I did this pretty much exact concept (minus the subtraction of yellow, I made it cream) about 6 months ago.

stlouisuni.gif

The cream has a slight red tint, which I think I should drop cause it looks pink, but I wanted to give the grey a light blue touch, but nothing like the 80's unis. Looks like I need to fix a few things on it (the back of the away vest) but yeah, your's looks good. I agree with STL that nothing needs to change, but I love the look of the 40's uni's (got a replica hanging in my closet right now) and if they ever were to change (seems like '06 would be as good of time as any) that they go with something similar to that. Really, nobody has striping like that so they would be unique.

pcgd, that is the most beautiful baseball uniform I have ever seen. Simply awesome.

Absolutely agreed, if the Cardinals ever changed to those, they would automatically have the best uni's in baseball, hands down.

metslogo_215.gif

Great minds think alike my friend. I did this pretty much exact concept (minus the subtraction of yellow, I made it cream) about 6 months ago.

stlouisuni.gif

The cream has a slight red tint, which I think I should drop cause it looks pink, but I wanted to give the grey a light blue touch, but nothing like the 80's unis. Looks like I need to fix a few things on it (the back of the away vest) but yeah, your's looks good. I agree with STL that nothing needs to change, but I love the look of the 40's uni's (got a replica hanging in my closet right now) and if they ever were to change (seems like '06 would be as good of time as any) that they go with something similar to that. Really, nobody has striping like that so they would be unique.

Minor nitpick, which can be easily corrected.

On the back view of the away uniform, the striping is still red, and should be blue...

That being said, awesome concept! :notworthy:

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Plus, with as far as Cardinals nation spans, putting St. Louis on the jerseys wouldn't be fair to them. The STL on the caps provides the right amount of linkage to the city in my opinion.

It's no further than Cubs, Braves, Yankees, or Red Sox nation.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

pcgd, I know this may be out of place in this thread, but is the template you used available for public use? I was searching the template thread for something like you used here and the one that looks similar (with the shading) for football and couldn't find either.

Plus, with as far as Cardinals nation spans, putting St. Louis on the jerseys wouldn't be fair to them. The STL on the caps provides the right amount of linkage to the city in my opinion.

Wasn't attempting to make that claim.

All I'm saying is I think Cardinals works because of that. And because of tradition. And because of uniqueness.

Those other teams work fine either way.

Wasn't attempting to make that claim.

All I'm saying is I think Cardinals works because of that. And because of tradition. And because of uniqueness.

Those other teams work fine either way.

Cardinal nation does go pretty far in the midwest however. It came because KMOX (I believe that was it, I could be confusing it with anohter station) has almost always had the Cardinals radio broadcasts, had the best reaching radio signal in the early days of radio. The signal stretched north nearly to chicago, east into indiana, west to kansas and south to Arkansas. Millions of Midwesterners grew up listening to Harry Carey (yeap, he was a Cardinals announcer) and Jack Buck calling the games.

Cubs nation is supported mainly in the midwest because of the "lovealbe losers" tag, their incredible chicago fans (I really can't think of any fans that stick by their team better) and they've got the Arizona crowd made popular by spring training every spring.

Braves nation is directly linked to Ted Turner's superstation.

Yankees Nation is bandwagon outside of New York.

Red Sox nation is pretty much all of New England, and the smart ones that made it out of New England. :) In between...bandwagon.

Please don't jump on me, most of that was said tounge in cheek. :P

btw...the template is availible. It should be in the templates thread...let me see if I can find the link.

another btw...I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Sorry CB27, just wanted to show you that you are a genius! :)

Archived