Thesle is back up!

Snowcap30

Hmmm...I've been communicating with him via email, but the last one from him was a week or so ago.

I had no idea he was going to bring it back up in the same format.

I still think a site like this SHOULD be membership-only.

Hmmm...I've been communicating with him via email, but the last one from him was a week or so ago.

I had no idea he was going to bring it back up in the same format.

I have, too, and I haven't heard from him in about that long.  Last I had seen, he was rebuilding the site and I assumed he was going to have it membership-based but this just looks like it's the same site (and in the same place).  Not that it's a bad thing.

if it is a membership only site, will you charge money for membership, or is membership granted to those who contribute?

I only ask, because the minute you charge money for it, is the minute all the leagues step in and shut down the site.

See NY Mets Baseball Organization / MLB vs. metsonline.com

Is Ryan still taking contributions? I hope so, because I just sent him some.

(I know, I should be working on getting my own site updated. But I just got Adobe Illustrator 10, and had to try it out, so I vectorized the Montgomery Biscuits logos.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

if it is a membership only site, will you charge money for membership, or is membership granted to those who contribute?

I think it'd be a sign up free membership thing for anyone, but maybe he limits the amount of logos you can d/l. Don't know what would happen with remote linking, but there should be a way to disable it.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Is Ryan still taking contributions? I hope so, because I just sent him some.

(I know, I should be working on getting my own site updated. But I just got Adobe Illustrator 10, and had to try it out, so I vectorized the Montgomery Biscuits logos.)

Shoot...ya should have told me...I've already got the official Biscuits vector logos...

:cool:

One of the reasons I am SO in favor of a membership-only site is because I've got a lot of access to official vector logos, and there's no way I would want to post any of it unless their availability could be controlled.  These message boards in particular are constantly trolled by individuals who register a user name, post one question about wanting vector logos for some team, and then when I ask questions, they're never to be heard from again.  I don't trust these dudes.  Part of me even wonders if they're people from the league front offices, planted to test us.  But then again, I'm probably being paranoid.

I want to respect copyright law, but at the same time, for my own research (and other guys's research), I would like to make some of this stuff available.

But what criteria would you use for membership?

I read somewhere that someone suggested you'd have to be a "contributor" which I assume means you'd have to provide vector logos in order to join. There are plenty of us who are NOT vector savy who'd be left out. I've done all my artwork using .gifs.

Misterhabs

Shoot...ya should have told me...I've already got the official Biscuits vector logos...

:cool:

You mean I spent 6 hours tracing those things, and you already had them?!  ???

(I can send them to you and you can judge how good I did. It's my first time with AI-10.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I think Ryan ultimatley would just have to judge on whether or not you get accepted. He can use his feeling and some info about you to decide. Could be you have to be known and trustworthy on one of the message boards. He doesn't post here often, but I think he trusts Chris plenty to give good advice. I hope you don't have to contribute to do it, but if you do, I could.

If bandwidth is a problem because of remote linking, I think Ryan should put a watermark on all the preview pics.  It would force people to convert the image and load it onto their own servers.

Bruno

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

this was posted on the other board but there is a SITE NEWS section on the site... http://www.thesle.com/help/news.php

It reads...

The site is in the process of moving to detroithockey.net. When the move is completed, the site will be transformed into a member only site, where membership will be free, but on an approval only system. A tier system may also be implemented, where certain users can only download raster images, while others have full privileges. Furthermore, bandwidth restrictions may be put in place (can only download certain amount of logos in a time period). This is mostly due to bandwidth constrains.

For those who are interested, the bandwidth problems aren't due to remote posting of the logos, because you can't remotely post logos.

For those interested in contributing money, I do not plan on having this site "donation" funded as of now. If I do need to revert to that, I will first set up a system with a webhost such that I don't handle the money and cannot be accused of profiting from the site

untitled-1.png

Archived