yankeeman's favorite baseball quotes

yankeeman161

here's some of my favorite baseball quotes in no particular historical order:

July 4, 1939: Lou Gehrig's Farewell Speech

Lou Gehrig: Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.

October 1, 1961 Maris' 61st Home run

Phil Rizzuto: Fast ball, hit deep to right field! This could be it, way back there! Holy Cow, he did it! Roger Maris!

October 2, 1978 1 game playoff

Bill White (WPIX): Deep to right, Yastremski will not get it, its a home run! A three run home run for Bucky Dent and the Yankees lead it by a score of 3 to 2!

October 25, 1986 Game 6 World Series

Vin Scully: So the winning run is at second base with two out, 3-2 to Mookie Wilson.

Little roller up along first, behind the bag! It gets through Buckner! Here comes Knight and the Mets win it!

October 27, 1986 Game 7 World Series

Bob Murphy (WNBC Radio): He struck them out! Struck them out! The Mets have won the World Series and they're maulling and crowding all over Jesse Orosco! The dream has come true!

October 16, 2003 Game 7 ALCS

Charley Steiner (WCBS Radio): First pitch on the way. There's a high flyball deep to left field. Its on its way, there it goes and the Yankees are going to the World Series! Aaron Boone with a home run and the Yankees are going to the World Series for the 39th time in their remarkable history!

and the most favorite one of them all:

John Sterling: "YANKEES WIN! BAAAAAA! YANKEES WIN!

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Those are considered calls more than quotes (although by definition they are quotes as well).

"Touch 'Em All Joe! You'll NEVER hit a bigger home run in your life!"

- Tom Cheek after Carter's 93 World Series winning blast.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Those are considered calls more than quotes (although by definition they are quotes as well).

That was Sean McDonough from CBS that made that call.

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

Shouldn't that be-

"Today (today, today), I (I) consider myself (self, self) the luckiest man (man, man) on the face (face) of the earth (earth, earth)."

At least that's how I alwyas hear it!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Phil Rizzuto: Fast ball, hit deep to right field! This could be it, way back there! Holy Cow, he did it! Roger Maris!

Bill White (WPIX): Deep to right, Yastremski will not get it, its a home run! A three run home run for Bucky Dent and the Yankees lead it by a score of 3 to 2!

Vin Scully: So the winning run is at second base with two out, 3-2 to Mookie Wilson.

Little roller up along first, behind the bag! It gets through Buckner! Here comes Knight and the Mets win it!

Bob Murphy (WNBC Radio): He struck them out! Struck them out! The Mets have won the World Series and they're maulling and crowding all over Jesse Orosco! The dream has come true!

Charley Steiner (WCBS Radio): First pitch on the way. There's a high flyball deep to left field. Its on its way, there it goes and the Yankees are going to the World Series! Aaron Boone with a home run and the Yankees are going to the World Series for the 39th time in their remarkable history!

Obviouslly you live in the past and forgot

"Back to Foulke, he has it underhands to first and the Red Sox are the world Champions! Can you believe it?!"

Obviouslly you live in the past and forgot

"Back to Foulke, he has it underhands to first and the Red Sox are the world Champions! Can you believe it?!"

actually, we dont live in the past. its just that the sox ONLY have one great quote/call to remember as with the Yanks, we have hundreds upon hundreds of great moments/quotes to remember like this one from the Yankee Clipper.

"I want to thank the good lord for making me a Yankee"

or like this call from last July:

Michael Kay: Pop fly, third base side ARod underneath it and Derek Jeter out of nowhere makes the most spectatcular catch you will ever see! Oh what a play! Putting his own body on the line for the team!

Jim Kaat (after seeing Jeter's busted cheek): It looks like a big Heavyweight fight out there.

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

That was Sean McDonough from CBS that made that call.

Tom Cheek is the voice of Blue Jays' radio broadcasts.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived