Buffalo Bills to wear throwbacks

udonkey

According to a poster on a Bills forum that I frequent, last night at the Bills Booster Club meeting, Bills GM Tom Donahoe confirmed that the Bills will wear "throwbacks" for two games this season.

Evidently, he said that they do not need permission from the NFL, as two games do not require it, but three or more do.

Two games mentioned are the home opener vs. Houston and the game vs. San Diego.

Said that the unis need more "tweaking" before they'll be made public.

Do throwbacks need to be tweaked?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh man i cant wait for this!

i've been wanting to get a new Bills jersey now that my #11 Bledsoe is obsolete. I think these will be really classy if they can pull them off right, and i'll be sure to pick up a #21 McGahee of my own!

Remember the Thanksgiving game the Bills played at Detroit a few years ago? They wore the throwback uniforms with the red helmets that featured the original bison profile in white. Completely defeated the look. Hope they get white helmets this time.

Will the Texans wear Oilers uniforms? Will San Diego wear their powder blues? Inquiring fans want to know.

oh man i cant wait for this!

i've been wanting to get a new Bills jersey now that my #11 Bledsoe is obsolete. I think these will be really classy if they can pull them off right, and i'll be sure to pick up a #21 McGahee of my own!

I'll be rocking a #7 jersey

This is stupid timing. They are starting a new era with Losman (who they think will be a star) at QB. This should be about the future, not the past.

If this is stupid, then why do people all go hog wild for the Powder Blue Chargers unis when they wear them. I don't hear anyone complain on Thanksgiving when the Cowboys, Lions and their opponents wear throwbacks.

The fact that it actually can be tied to the anniversary of a Championship makes this more legit than having some teams do it year after year.

This is stupid timing.  They are starting a new era with Losman (who they think will be a star) at QB.  This should be about the future, not the past.

Yeah, but that's what Mark Mcgwire was thinking, and look at what happened to him.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

So I assume they will wear the blue ones no the white ones? If they do they should only do it once. can they also wear a red or blue alt?

the Houston game is at home = blue

San Diego is away = white

Or at least thats what would make sense

Yea baby - I love it, bring back the old school look!!! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

So I assume they will wear the blue ones no the white ones? If they do they should only do it once. can they also wear a red or blue alt?

the Houston game is at home = blue

San Diego is away = white

Or at least thats what would make sense

I dont think they can wear both.

Please don't tell me the NFL is turning into the NBA, wearing throwbacks just for plops and giggles and to sell merchandise and turn it into a rap video, because I will keel over and die.

It's not like the NFL has never done this before, and what does a Rap video have to do with any of this.

I imagine they'll only make a blue one but I'm only basing that on logic and economics. Maybe SD will wear their white Throwbacks. I remember the Pats only using the white's in '94 (with those silly partial shoulder stripes like the present-day Colts). Also, the '65 Championship game was in SD so maybe the Bills will wear white. Just a thought.

It really would be cool to see the old "Oilers" come back with the classic silver helmets and pants. Maybe George Blanda could join Jack Kemp in the coin toss.

I really don't see why it would be so harmful for the new Losman-era Bills to take a look back at a championship team. Anyway, Losman had to sit around last season looking at THAT Bills team - this could only help. At least on offense. The Defense was pretty darned good.

Archived