Buffalo Bills to wear throwbacks

udonkey

Other than '94, i don't think they have throwbacks before.

I think the Bills should go back full-time to something similar to the uniforms of the late-70s/early 80s with the white helmet and same logo as they currently have.

As for the '65 throwbacks, i'm not really feeling them. I don't like the logo of the red buffalo just standing there idle, at all. Blah.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
link for pic of the half-assed Bills throwbacks from 1994

Calling that half-assed is unfair to the other teams that put out half-assed throwbacks.

Ironically, those Champion-style numbers are starting to be needed for REAL throwbacks (Esaison's Bengals #7) these days.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I welcome the throwback though I am perplexed by the GM"s statement

that they need "tweaking" still. What does that mean, they didn't get it

correct in terms of accuracy or are they trying to get all

those stripes to work on a lineman jersey? I would actually be

tempted to get a Kemp authentic if it's done right.

Just go back to the Kelly era uniforms, with possibly, maybe, maybe

adding the nickel silver as an update. I will personally drive the monstrosoties

they wore last year to the incinerator.

On the topic of throwbacks - the Sabres wore their old home jersey (blue & gold, white version) against NJ for the last game of the 202-03 season. It surprised everyone and looked really good.

On the topic of throwbacks - the Sabres wore their old home jersey (blue & gold, white version) against NJ for the last game of the 202-03 season. It surprised everyone and looked really good.

I thought it looked terrible actually.

The mid-'60s Bills uniforms actually had a red feathering on the sleeve and sock stripes. The jerseys and socks were made by Rawlings and I think Rawlings called that striping pattern "Utah," after the University of Utah.

These stripes, done correctly, take up a large amount of space on a sleeve, and if you're going to add sleeve numbers, no way will it all fit. Remember the '49ers jerseys (the old style) with the dinky three-inch sleeve numbers. Looked pretty bush for an NFL team.

If that's what Donohoe means by "tweaking" I say "Good luck!" The way modern-day lineman jerseys fit is a joke. It looks like these 300 pound-plus behemoths picked up their jerseys at a Pop Warner fire sale, all kids small.

What do you do? Cut the stripes in half like the Packers do? Put the numbers on the yoke? Whatever they do will look like an abortion.

I say to all these teams wearing "anniversary" throwbacks. Wear'em correctly (long sleeves, if necessary) or save us the trouble of looking at your weak-a**ed attempt to honor a championship team.

:mad:

Of course it looked good. Those were the best uniforms in the league when they inexplicably dumped them to promote the conformist "let's all wear black and silver, tradition be damned" movement.

I'm not a Sabres fan, but I picked up one of the old blue & golds and put LaFONTAINE on the back.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The way modern-day lineman jerseys fit is a joke. It looks like these 300 pound-plus behemoths picked up their jerseys at a Pop Warner fire sale, all kids small... I say to all these teams wearing "anniversary" throwbacks. Wear'em correctly (long sleeves, if necessary) or save us the trouble of looking at your weak-a**ed attempt to honor a championship team.

:mad:

It's not there aren't functional reasons for the way jersey are cut now... In a sport where holding happens on virtually every play, whether it's called or not, providin less loose fabric is a pretty beneficial concept.

As much as I like form, it's still gotta follow function.

Will the Texans wear Oilers uniforms? Will San Diego wear their powder blues? Inquiring fans want to know.

No. The Texans and Oilers have nothing to do with each other. If they did, they would be wearing the throwback uniforms of the Titans.

I fully expect the Titans to wear Oiler throwbacks against the Texans one day just to piss us off.

I'd love to see the Ravens show up for a game in Cleveland wearing Browns throwbacks. :D

Lol.... Wouldn't happen, though. The NFL considers the past and present Cleveland Browns as the same franchise, completely disconnected from Baltimore.... It's a weird anomoly.

I like the "old gold" the Saints used better than the "vegas gold"

that they and everyone else uses. I think Mizzou uses a dark gold like

that too don't they? it looks tougher, more football.

Definitely agree, and that's what I don't get - "old gold" is the official team color, but they don't use it on everything. Even the old Superdome turf had a helmet that was more yellow than anything else.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived