New University of Utah Logo

barnesdesign

I like the U-feather logo and the uniforms. I think your wordmarks are too italicized...maybe if they slant only as much as the U in your feather logo.

And I have to be honest, I only see St. Joe's when I see your hawk. Maybe Miami too, I thought of St. Joe's first. It's the similar colors, or similar pose, but it's too close to those two schools.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Thanks for the input guys

I think I may not have explained this concept entirely correctly. The idea was to take the existing "swoop" logo (not designed by me) and make it the primary logo with an updated "Utah" and "Utes" wordmark (based on the "swoop" wordmark...not designed by me), and then update the drum and feather logo based on that.

You all make excellent points with the fonts being extremely slanted and the hawk head being remeniscent of St. Joe's and Miami, so perhaps if the U were to switch to the swoop logo as the main logo, that would be something to consider. In the defense of whomever designed the hawk head for the U, I think there are some similarities between them and St joes and Miami (colors, head profile), but I think I like the Swoop better than both of those. (Utah also has a full bird logo for Swoop, but I have yet to find a good image of it).

Anyways I think for the concepts' sake, I can go back in and change the degree of slant and perhaps fix some of those numbers.

Thanks again for your comments :)

I like it, but the "U" drum and feather is probably one of the most classiest logos in college sports. While the updated drum and feather is nice....I'm not sure I want to see them depart from the traditional block U.

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

Looks good Ben. Although, the field concept might be rough since Real Salt Lake is playing there, the red endzone would be a pain to "erase" for soccer season.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Utah also has a full bird logo for Swoop, but I have yet to find a good image of it.

So does St. Joe's.

Living in metro Philadelphia, I've never seen Utah's tertiary "Swoop" logo - all we get is the drum & feathers - but it would honestly confuse too many people around here.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Awesome concept Mr. Barnes!!! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived