San Jose Earthquakes concept

dgnmrwrw

Ok, go easy on me as this is my first shot at a soccer kit. It's for the San Jose Earthquakes, and I was trying to keep it super simple.

I'm not sure if it's working or not. C+C very much appreciated.

SanJose.gif

Many thanks to Patrick Cummings for this great template.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

hmm...I tell ya what, I like it. doesn't really remind me of an earthquake or anything, but I like it anyway.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Really nice. But would adidas allow only two chevrons? A third would seem more to their custom, but it would clutter up what you've got.

:notworthy:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like the shirts but for some reason the resulting "diamond" when placed together with the shorts bothers me a bit so I think I'd like a plainer pair of shorts. Still good though. What is the plan for the back - a straight pair of lines under the number?

I also agree with the one above who suggests Adidas would probably make it three lines instead of 2. They would do anything with just the 2 little logos.

I like it. The monstrosity that Adidas put out for the Quakes this year is pathetic and reminds me of a pee wee kids team on a budget.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

It looks nice, but if you want to convey an earthquake, I would add a richter scale reading in place of the chevrons. I like the shorts as well but I would thin the lines out and add a third in keeping with adidas' "3 stripe rule", which I find to be rather stupid.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Couple of points:

I had considered the adidas/three stripe problem. Actually the only reason I stuck the adidas logo on there was to balance the team crest. I just used adidas because they supply San Jose now (i think). I should probably put a different company logo there, as adidas would almost certainly use three stripes (which looked way too busy).

I wasn't really going for an "earthquake" feel necessarily. I've gotta confess that I designed the striping pattern first, then picked a squad to go with it. I'll probably try to refine it now to make it work better for the Quakes themselves.

As far as the back goes, I hadn't intended to continue the stripes behind the numbers; I thought that would get really busy and, with only blue and gray, make the numbers very difficult to read. I'm still working this one out.

Also, I suppose the keeper's shirt would just include the same striping pattern over a different color with long sleeves.

Update to come.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

To be honest, This looks like a huge Umbro logo on its side on an adidas kit. Just doens't look right to me. Plus, with adidas, it's almost requisite to have some representation of the three stripes somewhere...

patriotssignature.png

Archived