Best NFL Team Next Year

rams_99

Which one will be the best next year?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vikings and Seahawks with more votes than the Eagles? We got some real homers on this board...

That's funny.

The sleeping virus that is T.O. has erupted. After the Bills lost 4 consecutive years, who but homers picked them in year 5?

Its only yr 2 :P

I'm also including the 3 losing NFC championship games before they made it to the Super Bowl. A 5 year run at that level would be unprecident and nearly impossible in this day and age of the NFL.

So why will we be worse though? We didnt lose anyone good in Free Agency, and we didnt even need Owens to get to the SB last yr.

I assume you think the Pats will suck too?

Ah, you twist my words. The title of the thread is "Best NFL Team Next Year" and I don't think the Eagles will be the "Best".

They may not have "needed" T.O. to get there, but he wasn't a distraction either. Now that he is unhappy, he will be. They can't possibly cave and give him the money. He can't possibly be willing to sit all year. So, he will be a problem. The constant, "Donovan, is T.O. a distraction?" will get to McNabb.

Playoff team? Yes.

Best team? No.

As far as the Pats go, they did miss the playoffs after winning one of those 3 SB's. That just reinforces my point that 5 years of sustained excellence is a rarity in any sport.

I could see them losing in the SB, but not making it there? The rest of the NFC is garbage.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vikings and Seahawks with more votes than the Eagles? We got some real homers on this board...

That's funny.

The sleeping virus that is T.O. has erupted. After the Bills lost 4 consecutive years, who but homers picked them in year 5?

I'm also including the 3 losing NFC championship games before they made it to the Super Bowl. A 5 year run at that level would be unprecident and nearly impossible in this day and age of the NFL.

So why will we be worse though? We didnt lose anyone good in Free Agency, and we didnt even need Owens to get to the SB last yr.

Ah, you twist my words. The title of the thread is "Best NFL Team Next Year" and I don't think the Eagles will be the "Best".

They may not have "needed" T.O. to get there, but he wasn't a distraction either. Now that he is unhappy, he will be. They can't possibly cave and give him the money. He can't possibly be willing to sit all year. So, he will be a problem. The constant, "Donovan, is T.O. a distraction?" will get to McNabb.

Playoff team? Yes.

Best team? No.

As far as the Pats go, they did miss the playoffs after winning one of those 3 SB's. That just reinforces my point that 5 years of sustained excellence is a rarity in any sport.

I could see them losing in the SB, but not making it there? The rest of the NFC is garbage.

I'm a Packers fan. But to be honest, I like what the Vikings did just by losing Moss.

Jerry Rice made WR a glamour position. Michael Irvin made WR a big-mouth, flashy trash talking position. And no team since 1995, when the Cowboys w/Irvin, has won a SB with a big-mouth, flashy, trash talking WR.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

That's funny.

Playoff team? Yes.

Best team? No.

I'm a Packers fan. But to be honest, I like what the Vikings did just by losing Moss.

Jerry Rice made WR a glamour position. Michael Irvin made WR a big-mouth, flashy trash talking position. And no team since 1995, when the Cowboys w/Irvin, has won a SB with a big-mouth, flashy, trash talking WR.

Keyshawn.....

Three reasons why I don't think the Pats will do it:

1.  nobody has won 3 Super Bowls in a row (although Lombardi's Packers probably would have done it had the Super Bowl been around a year earlier - they did win 3-straight NFL Championships)

2.  they lost both coordinators

3.  no Tedi Bruschi

1- So what? Just because it's never been done doesn't mean it won't happen. Remember the Red Sox last season?

2- So what? As long as Bill Belichick and the Patriots FO hire competent coordinators, they'll be fine. Yes, losing both Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel was tough, but the Patriots have lost personnel before and things turned out just fine.

Which brings me to:

3- So what? The Patriots have built their team around just that: a team philosophy. You lose a player, there's someone there to fill the void. Remember that patchwork secondary that shut down everybody in the playoffs last season?

Take off the Colts-colored glasses. Please. The only way the Colts win anything is if they find out how to play defense, and until they do they're just a good team that can't get it done in a big spot.

Bruschi was the heart and soul of that defenseit will be very hard to replace him.

wow.

Pretty sure of the Eagles there? The NFC was garbage last year. This isn't some thing like the AFC has dominated every single year for the last 10 years or anything. Last 10 superbowls, the AFC has won 6. They are up one.

It was one year. You should know that every year, things change and usually drastically. Look at San Diego, half the playoff teams every year, things turn around fast in the NFL.

Unfortunatly, things won't turn around for my team, but oh well. I'll still root for them. The only good thing going is the NFC north should be up for grabs. Green Bay's going in reverse, the lions are still young, the vikings are...the vikings, and the bears can't find a QB.

Go Bears!

The problem I have with the Patriots is that even though Belichick runs the defense and they promoted the new coordinator from within, it is still a change. I haven't heard anything about them hiring a new coordinator to replace Charlie Weis - do they have an offensive coordinator yet? One of the joys of success in the NFL is that it is tough to continue to stay successful because "the system" causes you to lose key contributors (not necessarily your best players) to free agency while the coaching staff gets cherry-picked.

As for Bruschi, don't tell me that his energy won't be missed. Ty Law and Deion Branch will also be missed, but Lawyer Milloy was also supposed to be missed. The Patriots were middle of the pack last year in pass defense - commendable considering the injuries - but it was the front 7 that was the strength and Bruschi was the ringleader. Somebody will need to step up.

Belichick is building a coaching career that is comparable to Vince Lombardi's, but he can't do it alone - remember those five years in Cleveland.

Belichick will be in control of the offense this year. Eric Mangini is the DC. That's as of right now...we'll see.

The Pats are going to miss Deion Branch??? That's news to me! Where the hell did he go? I'm pretty sure he's still under contract for a couple more years. And considering he's the best receiver the Patriots have (cough, SB MVP), I don't think Pioli and Belichick would let him go anywhere. The Pats did release Troy Brown, but don't be surprised if he's wearing a Pats jersey next season. The Pats desperately need to figure out the contracts for Seymour and Givens. Chad Brown was signed just a few days ago to "replace" Bruschi, but I don't think his loss will be as big as everyone thinks. Remember, Bruschi will still be on the sidelines every gameday and therefore his energy will still be with the team. It's not like he died. I don't necessarily agree that Bruschi was the "heart and soul" of that defense, but he is a great leader and a great player. There are about five guys who make up the heart and soul of the Pats' defense.

And Belichick's term in Cleveland wasn't nearly as bad as everyone thinks. He beat Parcells and Drew Bledsoe twice in 1994 (a year where Bledsoe threw for 4555 yards and the Pats ended the regular season winning seven in a row), including once in the playoffs. The 1995 season was lost after Modell said he was moving the team, so you can't blame Belichick about that. And he didn't do it alone in Cleveland either...Nick Saban was his top assistant.

And stlramsfan, the Patriots are going to the playoffs. I'm sorry you hate the team that beat you in the Super Bowl, but let's not get carried away. The Pats are still a great team.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Pats are going to miss Deion Branch??? That's news to me! Where the hell did he go? I'm pretty sure he's still under contract for a couple more years.

My brain cramp - I meant Troy Brown, not Deion Branch.

...and the bears can't find a QB.

You mean that out of the 50 different QB's that played for them last year... they didn't find one that they liked?

jerk...it was 5 qb's.

Rex "3 games" Grossman

Dr. Quinn, Terrible Quarterback

Dr. Krenzel, Future Biologist

Chad "Fastball" Hutchensen

Jeff "Nobody likes me" George

Jeez. :P

Oh, you ment since Jim Harbaugh?

Then the number is 16 that actually played. That's over 10 years. God.

(If you don't laugh 5 times over the names on this list you don't know sports comedy)

Jim Harbaugh

Erik Kramer

Steve Walsh

David Kreig

Rick Mirer (god)

Steve Stenstrom (Who?)

Shane Matthews

Cade McNown (instead of Culpepper)

Jim Miller

Chris Chandler

Henry Burris (hahahahahaha)

Kordell Stewart (They ran the freakin' option week 2)

Rex Grossman

Johnathan Quinn

Craig Krenzel

Chad Hutchensen

Jeff George

Ryan Dimwiddle

Kurt Kittner

Kyle Orton

(yes, that's right, they currently have 6 QB's on the roster)

:cry:

The Pats are going to miss Deion Branch???  That's news to me!  Where the hell did he go?  I'm pretty sure he's still under contract for a couple more years.

My brain cramp - I meant Troy Brown, not Deion Branch.

I figured as much...just had to give you a hard time ^_^

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived