Washington Nationals Concept

lost_limey

Okay, I was in the mood to do a baseball concept, and rather than add the 10,000th Blue jays concept, I opted for the 9,999th Nationals concept.

My thoughts:

• Drop the Red (Braves & Phillies in division already have red as a primary)
  • Make that 'W' logo fit. (I've gone retro)
  • Custom Numbers are good!

This is my first attempt at a custom Wordmark, so they look a little sloppy :(

So here's my Blue Nats

Nats.gif

I think with the idea of them being the Washington NATIONALS, it is completely innappropriate to leave out the red, white and blue. I agree that switching the primary color would work well (Red to Blue), but taking red completely out of the equation just doesn't make sense. However I like the use of the W a lot and other than the colors, they are nice.

I think with the idea of them being the Washington NATIONALS, it is completely innappropriate to leave out the red, white and blue. I agree that switching the primary color would work well (Red to Blue), but taking red completely out of the equation just doesn't make sense. However I like the use of the W a lot and other than the colors, they are nice.

the capitals did it

I like the removal of the red, but don't like the addition of the gold- looks too much like hte Brewers.

The dark blue and white looks crisp, and sharp to me. Fix that wonky N adn you have a nice set!!!

fade.gif

I think with the idea of them being the Washington NATIONALS, it is completely innappropriate to leave out the red, white and blue.  I agree that switching the primary color would work well (Red to Blue), but taking red completely out of the equation just doesn't make sense.  However I like the use of the W a lot and other than the colors, they are nice.

the capitals did it

and the Wizards, and the Redskins (although neither started there or have a name of local relevance) D.C. has problems ^_^

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

ltravisjr:

I really like this idea, even the colors. For your "N" I would suggest just copy one of your lowercase n's and then enlarge it.

Thanks, I may try and fix that later.

WCFSwimCoach:

I think with the idea of them being the Washington NATIONALS, it is completely innappropriate to leave out the red, white and blue. I agree that switching the primary color would work well (Red to Blue), but taking red completely out of the equation just doesn't make sense.

Another reason, other than the played out RW&B combo, was that these colors are consistent with the Wizards & Capitals, giving DC a distinct color scheme, much like Pittsburgh used to have. It's loosely based on the presidential seal.

iowahoo:

I like the removal of the red, but don't like the addition of the gold- looks too much like hte Brewers.

I didn't add the gold, it's in their current scheme, however I do agree it does look very Royals/Brewers like, but neither of those are division rivals.

LL, what are the thin stripes running under the numerals on the backs of the jerseys? Are they representing seams, or is it a piping stripe, vaguely resembling the Miami Hurricanes' garish bands running under their numbers? It's a strange place for a seam, and the piping looks a little out of place on these, especially when they're tucked into pants.

The gold is nice - darker than the embellishment on the number sthe Nats wear now - and the gold sanitaries is nice. Other than Oakland, you don't see that much anymore.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

WCFSwimCoach:

Another reason, other than the played out RW&B combo, was that these colors are consistent with the Wizards & Capitals, giving DC a distinct color scheme, much like Pittsburgh used to have. It's loosely based on the presidential seal.

Pittsburgh still has a distinct color scheme.

LL, what are the thin stripes running under the numerals on the backs of the jerseys? Are they representing seams, or is it a piping stripe

It's a piping stripe, I thought I'd experimetn with soccer styled piping on these, but it's negotiable.

Archived