Memorial Cup set

OMMF

Who will win the Memorial Cup?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

WHL - Kelowna Rockets

OHL - Ottawa 67's

QMJHL - Rimouski Oceanic

Host team - London Knights

Tough field to pick a winner. Out of the 4, I'd say the 67's are the weakest. Rimouski has been on a tear and London was pretty dominant all year. Kelowna looked beatable in their first 2 series (damn Thunderbirds) but have picked up in the last 2.

I'm going to say Crosby adds another piece of hardware to his mantle and the Oceanic win the Cup with Sid getting MVP.

It's really a toss up between London, Kelowna and Rimouski. Kelowna are the defending champions, London and Rimouski have pulled off amazing undefeated streaks. I chose London just because they are the hosts.

All I want is the 67's to lose their 3 round robin games. :P

I saw, I came, I left.

I voted London, but I'm really on the fence between London and Rimouski. They'll probably meet in the final, which would be a great showdown between Perry and Crosby. I agree that Ottawa is probably the weakest of the four, and Kelowna ... well, I'm just not a big fan of Kelowna period. Something to do with an old roommate who wouldn't shut up about them. Plus they only beat Kootenay because the Ice had a bunch of injuries, including Nigel Dawes. (Not that I'm homering or anything, 'cause even though I live in the East Kootenay, I'm still not particularly fond of the Ice either.)

I choose London. They are a very strong team and hosts. Ottawa is just in there because they needed another team because London was already hosting it. Kelowna is also very tough though too. I only like Rimouski because of the name Oceanic.

Signature intentionally left blank

Ottawa is just in there because they needed another team because London was already hosting it.

Not really. They still had to win the Bobby Orr trophy to get in to the tournament.

This has the potential to be one of the better Memorial Cups in recent years.

I chose London just 'cause...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

The Oceanic have lost exactly once in 2005. Their undefeated streak to end the season was even longer than London's at the start of the season. (It reached 37 games before losing game 4 of the QMJHL semi-finals. They then won their last five games to win the league title.) I'd say Rimouski is on a bigger roll than London, and have a mindblowing offence. But London does have an amazing defence and home-ice advantage. I can't wait for it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived