New York Mets Concepts

bosox

few things to note:

1) PLEASE get rid of the black shadows! they're worthless and a total eyesore

2) switch caps for home and alt, maybe add orange to the button on top

3) where are the pinstripes on the home set?

4) for the alt, how about Mets/New York in orange on a blue jersey with a blue/black outline (AND NO SHADOW!)

for example:

501e75ce.gif

and b5718cae.gif

(just ignore the orange fuzz at the edges there)

5) very nice start! :D (and sorry for my ocd-style grading technique...)

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I'll start by saying I like the simpleness of the designs. I think the Mets need pinstripes, but that's why they're concepts, and you're entitled to your opinion.

Now, on to the reason why I actually posted - iamthedorf - you've been registered here six (6!) days, have a total of ten (10!) posts to your credit, and you come out with guns a blazin', ripping this concept. First off, this template, I happen to think, with the shadows, is pretty cool. It sure looks more realistic than a flat one. Second, as to where are the pinstripes? Did you ever think bosox didn't want to include them?

Now, I've not posted a ton of concepts, but I've at least been around a while. I also don't think I would ever just off and rip someone who decided to attempt to share their artistic vision here. Settle down!

OK, off my soapbox...

Moose

The home and away aren't different enough from the current duds to warrant saying anything about em, either way. I like the third, I'll tell ya that. Heck, if you had a second version with a gray NY or NEW YORK for the road, that'd be cool too.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Now, on to the reason why I actually posted - iamthedorf - you've been registered here six (6!) days, have a total of ten (10!) posts to your credit, and you come out with guns a blazin', ripping this concept...Now, I've not posted a ton of concepts, but I've at least been around a while. I also don't think I would ever just off and rip someone who decided to attempt to share their artistic vision here. Settle down!

Moose

well, despite your remarks, moose -

i still managed to compliment bosox on his excellent work and apologized for my harsh grading of his concept(s). i do the same with editing written drafts, it's just my style, and i don't plan to change that.

i attempted to get right to the point so bosox here could have more options for future changes, in addition to getting an outside opinion, and possibly have reduced brainstorming time later on in the design process.

i will continue to do the same with others' ideas and concepts, and hope some folks would do the same for my own ideas and concepts.

my ideas are just ideas, not commands - who ever i may be grading can just disregard my comments and move on, but just because i've only been registered here for a week DOESN'T mean i can't have an opinion and it DOESN'T mean that i've never seen the CCSLC forum at work in the past.

that's my story and i'm stickin to it.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Ditto w/ Discrim about the home and away, and the on the alt I'd probably add some sort of piping, preferably orange, because right now it looks a tad bit empty. Add some piping to the alt and you've got a solid concept.

Now, on to the reason why I actually posted - iamthedorf - you've been registered here six (6!) days, have a total of ten (10!) posts to your credit, and you come out with guns a blazin', ripping this concept...Now, I've not posted a ton of concepts, but I've at least been around a while.  I also don't think I would ever just off and rip someone who decided to attempt to share their artistic vision here.  Settle down!

Moose

well, despite your remarks, moose -

i still managed to compliment bosox on his excellent work and apologized for my harsh grading of his concept(s). i do the same with editing written drafts, it's just my style, and i don't plan to change that.

i attempted to get right to the point so bosox here could have more options for future changes, in addition to getting an outside opinion, and possibly have reduced brainstorming time later on in the design process.

i will continue to do the same with others' ideas and concepts, and hope some folks would do the same for my own ideas and concepts.

my ideas are just ideas, not commands - who ever i may be grading can just disregard my comments and move on, but just because i've only been registered here for a week DOESN'T mean i can't have an opinion and it DOESN'T mean that i've never seen the CCSLC forum at work in the past.

that's my story and i'm stickin to it.

That's the problem, you're not being asked to "grade" anyone! It's called constructive criticism. Now, maybe you're a teacher in "real life," but here, we're all just trying to have a good time. Try, "I'd personaly don't like that template, but the concept is good," instead of, "your template sucks, get rid of it." Or, "To me, the Mets need pinstripes," instead of, "where are the pinstripes, idiot?" All I'm saying is you came across pretty rough.

Moose

Ok, one by one now! (But the comments are for everyone in general about the concept)

iamthedorf - Thats your opinion on the template. Originally I thought you were telling me that I still have the black on the Mets uniforms, because those are an eyesore too.

I originally had the Home and Road/Alt caps switched, then I changed them to this, seemed like it might work out better.

I do like the pinstripes on the Mets uniforms currently, but I think the plain white jerseys are a lot better, just my opinion there.

I'm trying to get back to more of what they had before, which was blue and orange. The black outline works for some teams, and it may work for the Alt uniform, I'll have to try that out.

Nah...ocd-style grading makes for better concepts.

no97 - I may try a pinstriped one just to see how it looks, but like I said before, I'm a big fan of the plain white uniforms.

Discrimihater - Yea, I don't think the Mets need much of a change in the home/away sets. The only real change was just to the outlines of the numbers/names.

ThaFlameofAtlanta - I'll try that, it does look a little bit empty, and this is actually the first concept where I've used piping (Yea, I'm moving on to bigger and better things in Paint!)

Michigan Dave - I think I'll end up adding an alternate that looks like the current one I have up, and then moving the current alternate I have up to a BP uniform.

VanZeppelin1984 - I'll probably end up switching the home and alternate caps. The home cap looks like it would be much better off on the alternate.

Ok, well, now to address the little iamthedorf thing. I had no problem with his comments, maybe I'm just in a good mood today, but I was fine with it.

That's all for now, updated concept coming a little later.

Archived