NHL and NHLPA meetings

Puckguy14

I know, a hockey thread! :D But 14 hour marathon, something had to have been hashed out...right? TSN.ca was very bland on their report, ESPN hates hockey and is hoping they don't come up with a deal by June 1 so they can drop hockey altogether. So if anyone who has a good media outlet that has any decent reports on the meetings, let us know!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Hopefully they can get something done and get the NHL back on the ice....

Hopefully they also made sure that Goodenow and Bettman weren't in the building (or the same area code as the discussions, for that matter)...seeing that those two assclowns could screw up an air sandwich, much less labor negotiations...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Bring the NHL back now, or dead it will become.....

Dave are you going to use the force for the post :P

sorry, unintentional. I must have been channeling Yoda.

that or your just very excited to see Revenge of the Sith

*sigh*

Y'know what?

I just realized this.

When Bettman and Goodenow realize that NO ONE GIVES A FLYING F*** ANY MORE BECAUSE IT'S F***ING SPRING, maybe they'll work out a deal.

Until the negotiations stop being news on TSN and Sportsnet, they'll milk it for all its worth.

Because it shows that there are still sponsors out there, and people still watching.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

God I hope they come back soon.  I might get a job offer if they do!  (long story)

Well, hockey's locked out so we have time. Do tell...

Well, basically there was this job that involved the NHL and design that I really wanted. I waited awhile (about 3 months) to hear back on it and I finally found out that they couldn't offer me the position yet, somewhat based on the fact that the NHL wasn't playing at that time.

The job could open up in October however, or sooner if the NHL gets back on. I hope they call me back when that happens. Its a pretty good opportunity.

Guess it wasn't that long of a story, it jsut was a longer process than I thought it would be.

*sigh*

Y'know what?

I just realized this.

When Bettman and Goodenow realize that NO ONE GIVES A FLYING F*** ANY MORE BECAUSE IT'S F***ING SPRING, maybe they'll work out a deal.

Until the negotiations stop being news on TSN and Sportsnet, they'll milk it for all its worth.

Because it shows that there are still sponsors out there, and people still watching.

Nothing matters until August/September anyway. Until the season pressure is on they could care less.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

*sigh*

Y'know what?

I just realized this.

Nothing matters until August/September anyway. Until the season pressure is on they could care less.

Um thats not entirely true if they like havin there games broadcast in the US on ESPN and ESPN2.Because the network gave them a deadline to get it done for them to pick up there option.

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Didn't NBC pick up the NHL contract? I thought I read that before this season would have started. ESPN would still have the cable rights, but the All-Star and Stanley Cup Playoffs were moving from ABC to NBC.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

NBC was to have a revenue-sharing deal with the NHL last season, however that was for last season. It is unknown if NBC has decided to move that one-year deal to 05-06. As for the deal itself, it's revenue-sharing, similar to what the network has with AFL. This means unlike other TV deals (i.e. multi-billion deal the NFL has with Fox, ESPN, CBS and now NBC) the NHL gets no money up front, and splits the money with NBC.

As for ESPN, it has been reported that if a deal isn't reached by June 1, it will pull out of its deal with the NHL, thus making the league without an official home on TV, something we know is crucial for its success and exposure. And unlike in Canada where TSN and Rogers SportsNet are somewhat even keeled, FSN has taken a huge nosedive, to the point where Nascar shows its cable races on FX, Fox's version of TNT. A billion dollar deal with Fox and FSN (Fox Sports Net) is something the league would need.

HOWEVER, according to a report in the Ottawa Sun, NHL has a NEW drop dead date.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=125609

Report: NHL wants deal by mid-June?

TSN.ca Staff with Sun Media files

5/21/2005 3:55:33 PM

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman has a drop dead date in mind for the upcoming NHL season, according to a report by Sun Media.

A story in Saturday's Ottawa Sun cited league sources who said if a new CBA is not in place by mid June, the NHL may cancel next season and scrap negotiations altogether until the union accepts the league's terms.

The news comes amid reports that major sponsors have told the league they will take their money elsewhere if there is no labor agreement by June 15.

The league and the NHL Players' Association met for eight hours in New York on Friday, a day after sitting in a boardroom for 14 hours and word from within was that some progess was made.

Both sides have the weekend off before Bettman and NHLPA executive director Bob Goodenow decide when talks will resume next week.

Files from Sun Media were used for this report

*Prepares for another push for the lockout poster* :hockeysmiley:<_<:cursing:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

NBC was to have a revenue-sharing deal with the NHL last season, however that was for last season. It is unknown if NBC has decided to move that one-year deal to 05-06. As for the deal itself, it's revenue-sharing, similar to what the network has with AFL. This means unlike other TV deals (i.e. multi-billion deal the NFL has with Fox, ESPN, CBS and now NBC) the NHL gets no money up front, and splits the money with NBC.

As for ESPN, it has been reported that if a deal isn't reached by June 1, it will pull out of its deal with the NHL, thus making the league without an official home on TV, something we know is crucial for its success and exposure. And unlike in Canada where TSN and Rogers SportsNet are somewhat even keeled, FSN has taken a huge nosedive, to the point where Nascar shows its cable races on FX, Fox's version of TNT. A billion dollar deal with Fox and FSN (Fox Sports Net) is something the league would need.

HOWEVER, according to a report in the Ottawa Sun, NHL has a NEW drop dead date.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=125609

Report: NHL wants deal by mid-June?

TSN.ca Staff with Sun Media files

5/21/2005 3:55:33 PM

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman has a drop dead date in mind for the upcoming NHL season, according to a report by Sun Media.

A story in Saturday's Ottawa Sun cited league sources who said if a new CBA is not in place by mid June, the NHL may cancel next season and scrap negotiations altogether until the union accepts the league's terms.

The news comes amid reports that major sponsors have told the league they will take their money elsewhere if there is no labor agreement by June 15.

The league and the NHL Players' Association met for eight hours in New York on Friday, a day after sitting in a boardroom for 14 hours and word from within was that some progess was made.

Both sides have the weekend off before Bettman and NHLPA executive director Bob Goodenow decide when talks will resume next week.

Files from Sun Media were used for this report

*Prepares for another push for the lockout poster* :hockeysmiley:<_<:cursing:

FSN is not an option for TV at all since it is not a national network. FSN is a bunch of regional sports networks. Thus why NAscar is shown on FX. With NBC having broadcast rights (I belive they signed a 2 year agreement) would it be possible to have cable games on USA.

Archived