Lacrosse fans can voice their opinion!

svsmb

Silicon Valley Sports & Entertainment andthe San Jose Sharks are bringing professional indoor lacrosse to the Bay Area beginning January 2004! What should the fast-paced, hard-hitting, high-scoring team that takes the field at HP Pavilion be named? Cast your vote and share your opinion.

Okay, what's the deal with all the "technology" names? First there's that women's soccer team, the Cyber Rays (worst name ever, in my opinion), and all these choices like Cyborgs, AzTechs, Hackers... I don't see the appeal. Maybe that's just me.

Okay... is this poll being conducted by a member in response to my question in the other thread? If so, my apologies, because the last thing we need out here right now is ANOTHER poll!

Or, is this based on what someone has heard comprises the list of final candidates? If so, I've got to side with nitro on this. I mean, given the locale you expect a couple of "tech" names. Cyborgs is actually right up the NLL's alley: over-the-top trendy and/or aggressive. Plus, with the recent release of "Terminator 3", they'll probably jump all over it. But, come on... Hackers? Lame!!!

Brian in Boston

Those were pretty much the finalists...i think puckguy said in an earlier thread they made a decision though

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Four votes for AzTechs??? ...And it's leading??? I thought we were smarter than this...

Are we posters really this trendcentric, or are there a bunch of lurkers here that come out during full moons and poll times?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Hey svsmb, huge Sharks fan.  I say Cyborgs.  Hackers doesn't go well.  Example a headline could be "Hackers inside HP Pavilion".  Just doesn't seem right.  Cyborgs looks like the best one out there.  SVSMB, please e-mail me at puckguy14@aol.com if I could help out!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Let me re-interate, that a contest ended for the name-the-team contest.  These might be the finalists or what not.  SVSMB do you know if these are the finalists?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Aftershocks sounds good!  It also rolls off the tongue well.

It ties into the Earthquake themes of other teams in that area, ie. the soccer team.

Just my 2 cents worth thrown in. :;):

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Thank you for your interest in Silicon Valley Sports & Entertainment's involvement in professional indoor lacrosse. Your opinions are a valuable source of information in the days, weeks and months leading up to the team's exciting first game. Stay tuned for more news.

Wait, does this mean that the name will be chosen based partly on the poll results on THIS board?

Too bad it was the Albany Attack that moved instead of the Columbus Landsharks!

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived