Photoshop Help

pcgd

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How do you feather something? I have elements 2, and highlight what I want to not be feathered. Then I press mask. But when I click something else it disappears and just goes back to normal. I tried using the marquee tools and clicking feather, but that hasn't worked at all.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

How do you feather something? I have elements 2, and highlight what I want to not be feathered. Then I press mask. But when I click something else it disappears and just goes back to normal. I tried using the marquee tools and clicking feather, but that hasn't worked at all.

When selected Right Click-> feather and set the amount the press ok. That should do the trick

logo.png

When selected Right Click-> feather and set the amount the press ok. That should do the trick

Tried that and it still didn't work. Maybe the value was too much? I had it at 15

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Tried that and it still didn't work. Maybe the value was too much? I had it at 15

Try inverting your selection before doing it

logo.png

• 3 weeks later...

I guess this is photoshop help related...

Ok so i have Photoshop CS2 on my laptop and i installed 3,000 fonts today (have another 5,000 i want to add a little later) which brings my laptops fonts to about 7,000 fonts. So now when i go on my photoshop, it takes forever to load and when i go to use the fonts to type something in photoshop it basically freezes and my laptop isn't slow by any means it's a duo and has 2gigs of ram with ample space (i'm at 85% space left to use).

So what gives? I have my brushes installed on it and stuff like that so i don't want to go through the annoyance of re-installing it. What could the problem be?

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I guess this is photoshop help related...

Ok so i have Photoshop CS2 on my laptop and i installed 3,000 fonts today (have another 5,000 i want to add a little later) which brings my laptops fonts to about 7,000 fonts. So now when i go on my photoshop, it takes forever to load and when i go to use the fonts to type something in photoshop it basically freezes and my laptop isn't slow by any means it's a duo and has 2gigs of ram with ample space (i'm at 85% space left to use).

So what gives? I have my brushes installed on it and stuff like that so i don't want to go through the annoyance of re-installing it. What could the problem be?

Not exactly sure what the problem is. It seems kinda looney to install that many fonts. Get a font manager and install fonts only as you need them.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

• 1 month later...

Ok i will try to be as detailed about my problem as i can...since a few ppl have tried to help me on another board and i couldn't explain it well enough.

Say i want to have a logo just with a drop shadow be transparent so when i use it as an avatar, you see the logo and shadow on whatever colour the messageboard background has?

I've tried plenty of times and i just can't get it to work, it'll show the shadow but with a white outline around it and it just looks weird...are there any transparency tutorials for CS2 that i can use to figure this out???

Like this avy i made for a hockey board i post on...i wanted to put a drop shadow on it and no background...couldn't do it so i just kept it as it was...

vcx-penz-haw-nuck-1.gif

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Ok i will try to be as detailed about my problem as i can...since a few ppl have tried to help me on another board and i couldn't explain it well enough.

Say i want to have a logo just with a drop shadow be transparent so when i use it as an avatar, you see the logo and shadow on whatever colour the messageboard background has?

I've tried plenty of times and i just can't get it to work, it'll show the shadow but with a white outline around it and it just looks weird...are there any transparency tutorials for CS2 that i can use to figure this out???

Like this avy i made for a hockey board i post on...i wanted to put a drop shadow on it and no background...couldn't do it so i just kept it as it was...

vcx-penz-haw-nuck-1.gif

When you save it for the web, do you save the file with transparency option checked?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Yeah but it has options for gif and etc...but the shadow still shows up but with a white background underneath the shadow...as opposted to the shadow on the transparent background which is what i want to show up when i upload it as my avatar.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Usually transparency only works well (for me at least) in png.

But make sure in your layers pallet that you have a bottom layer that is transparent, and that the logo layer is transparent with only the logo. No white at all anywhere.

Yeah all my pallette's are transparent and the logo has a shadow, but when i try to save it as png or gif...i get his weird white outline and fill for the shadow part and it just looks ugly.

Are there tutorials i can check out that may help?

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Yeah, how did you do that with the transparent background with the shadow still in tact??

probably as its a png, and not a jpg

Yes, you have to make it as a png file.

shysters_sm.jpg

I rarely ever save things as jpeg, it's usually png..but yeah i did try it as png and gif before, i'm not that new with the programs...i just don't use it as often as i'd like.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived