Photoshop Help

pcgd

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, just enlarging it, and tracing it with the pen tool would work, plus, its good practice with the pen tool that so many find difficult to use. ( i dont know why though )

when you open the window that you will be enlarging your image on, make sure you change your resolution to something like 300 dpi, so you get a nice, big, high rez image when your all done.

good luck!

Picture21.png

I'm running CS2 and I was wondering if there is a way to make text in a wordmark have the "beveled" effect like in this logo? I find the bevel/emboss rarely looks good, and I've tried duplicating the text layer and moving it and darkening it. There must be an easier way to do this.

2316.gif

Thanks in advance!

I'm running CS2 and I was wondering if there is a way to make text in a wordmark have the "beveled" effect like in this logo? I find the bevel/emboss rarely looks good, and I've tried duplicating the text layer and moving it and darkening it. There must be an easier way to do this.

2316.gif

Thanks in advance!

Probably best using the pen tool to create the effect

logo.png

2316.gif

Thanks in advance!

Probably best using the pen tool to create the effect

Another possibility is to use the bevel effect in Photoshop, copy that image back in Illustrator and retrace the effect.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Alright, I've hit another roadblock.

Again, I'm a CS2 user, and I've been filling pen-tool paths for a long time today. Now, all of a sudden, when I go to fill the path, it just fills the inversion of the path I created. Anyone know if I pressed some button or something on accident? This is really annoying.

Thanks again, guys.

look at the bottom of the toolbar. there are two color blocks that are for the fill (left side) and outline fill (right side). click the left block for the solid fill option.

to remove the solid or stroke fill color, click the red diagonal line underneath, while the object is selected.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I recently started using Adobe Illustrator CS2 and Photoshop CS2. I'm looking to learn the details behind creating creative email branding solutions (html signatures, letterhead, etc.) for my clients and myself. I look forward to working with you. Currently, I'm having some learning/having challenges with the following:

1. Web Banner That Is Not As Crisp As I would like. It was designed using Photoshop. Some of the elements (logo) used in the graphic where orginally designed using Illustrator. I think the designer did not integrate the elements from Illustrator correctly and thus one of the reasons the file may be blurry. I really need this file to be correct, crisp, and clear as it is on my front page. The web banner is located at www.principlecornerstoneprops.com.

Some of my questions are:

-When designing in Photoshop and using images designed in Illustrator what is the best way to integrate those images from Illustrator without losing clarity?

-What's the best way to save an Illustrator file to a jpeg or similar file?

2. Creating HTML Email Signatures, Newsletter, Email Branding Solutions - I designed it in Illustrator and now need to know the steps to make sure it is saved properly and displays properly in my mail. Any great books or tutorials suggestions on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

I am new to both Illustrator and Photoshop, and no one has given me the correct instructions to fix the problem as of yet. I look forward to finding my solution here.

Thanks & God Bless,

Tyra

Hello everyone. I recently started using Adobe Illustrator CS2 and Photoshop CS2. I'm looking to learn the details behind creating creative email branding solutions (html signatures, letterhead, etc.) for my clients and myself. I look forward to working with you. Currently, I'm having some learning/having challenges with the following:

1. Web Banner That Is Not As Crisp As I would like. It was designed using Photoshop. Some of the elements (logo) used in the graphic where orginally designed using Illustrator. I think the designer did not integrate the elements from Illustrator correctly and thus one of the reasons the file may be blurry. I really need this file to be correct, crisp, and clear as it is on my front page. The web banner is located at www.principlecornerstoneprops.com.

-When designing in Photoshop and using images designed in Illustrator what is the best way to integrate those images from Illustrator without losing clarity?

2. Creating HTML Email Signatures, Newsletter, Email Branding Solutions - I designed it in Illustrator and now need to know the steps to make sure it is saved properly and displays properly in my mail. Any great books or tutorials suggestions on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

I am new to both Illustrator and Photoshop, and no one has given me the correct instructions to fix the problem as of yet. I look forward to finding my solution here.

Thanks & God Bless,

Tyra

For web always save as .jpeg. To get a .jpeg out of illustrator go to file, export and it will give you the popup menu for what and where you want to save it as. Click save and it brings up another menu, this menu is key because it's the compression of the file. It says Image Quality and there's a scale there. At 10 it will give you the best quality jpeg file, yet it will be a large file. What you want to do is to is save it at the highest quality, yet lowest bitesize. So what I'd do is since my Illustrator has a max of 10, then I'd save various ones starting at 5 up to 8 to see what looks the best and yet has lowest memory. The person saving it might have saved it at such a compression rate that it killed the cleaness, or it could've been save at one size and then enlarged which you never do with a photoshop file or for that fact anything such as file that is based off of pixels which photoshop and .jpeg files are. Illustrator is a vector program based off of lines and curves that are mathematically created which allows them to keep their crispness no matter if it is one inch or 1 mile. Remember that a 72 ppi (pixels per inch) file which you should always create web files as because of faster loading times, will always be 72 ppi no matter if it starts out at 1 inch and then you enlarge it to 5 inches, it just keeps the amount of pixels but randomly throws in colors to complete the image, hence why it looks bad if you blow it up.

Thanks & God Bless,

Tyra

For web always save as .jpeg. To get a .jpeg out of illustrator go to file, export and it will give you the popup menu for what and where you want to save it as. Click save and it brings up another menu, this menu is key because it's the compression of the file. It says Image Quality and there's a scale there. At 10 it will give you the best quality jpeg file, yet it will be a large file. What you want to do is to is save it at the highest quality, yet lowest bitesize. So what I'd do is since my Illustrator has a max of 10, then I'd save various ones starting at 5 up to 8 to see what looks the best and yet has lowest memory. The person saving it might have saved it at such a compression rate that it killed the cleaness, or it could've been save at one size and then enlarged which you never do with a photoshop file or for that fact anything such as file that is based off of pixels which photoshop and .jpeg files are. Illustrator is a vector program based off of lines and curves that are mathematically created which allows them to keep their crispness no matter if it is one inch or 1 mile. Remember that a 72 ppi (pixels per inch) file which you should always create web files as because of faster loading times, will always be 72 ppi no matter if it starts out at 1 inch and then you enlarge it to 5 inches, it just keeps the amount of pixels but randomly throws in colors to complete the image, hence why it looks bad if you blow it up.

Thanks. I'm still not certain of why it won't save correctly. These are the steps that I've taken and the screen I see. I export the ai file as a jpeg..i tried to save it at 6, RGB, Baseline(standard), Resolution (72dpi), and left anti-alias checked. I used this while trying to save my logo for a social networking site...pretty much like this one. However, when I post it on the site it is distorted. I'm not sure of what I did wrong, but I'm certain that I did something wrong. Any other suggestions?

use the "Save for the Web" option. i like *.gif format for banners and avitars.

to keep illy objects in psd nice and crisp, make sure the psd file setup is correct resolution (in most cases actual size at 72 ppi = screen res). if you place vector objects in psd, you can keep them as smart objects and they will retain the original vector properties.

play with some examples and post what you find you like.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

• 1 month later...

I caught one of them and brought it into photoshop and was confused also. Then I remembered "save for web". Click save for web, then 4 up on the tabs. Then go over to the right side and go to colors and I adjusted the one that says "Saturday November..." and dropped it down to 8 colors used and dropped the file size to a little over 9K. Remember it's an animation and will be up for only seconds so you don't need it really clean. The less amount of colors you use, the less memory you use. Play with that and see what you get.

How I do enlarge a simple one color image from 80 pixels wide to 300 pixels wide without losing the sharpness?

Here's the image I want to enlarge...

tigers_script.gif

I know this was a long-ass time ago, but a way of scaling up with minimal resolution loss is to do so by 110% a number of times until you get the size right. This way Photoshop only has to replace 10% of pixels instead of many many more. If you keep doing this you'll find your results are a bit better than by just scaling up right from the get go.

BTW folks, thats why there is resolution loss. When you increase the size of an image 200%, that extra pixel data has to come from somewhere. Photoshop does a great job, but its not magic, there will be mistakes. Hense why you can't make a 20px image into a billboard.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone else get this message when they try to open a CS3 program:

"Licensing for this product has stopped working. You cannot use this product at this time. You must repair the problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling this product or contacting your IT administrator or Adobe customer support for help."

it started about a month ago and i've been unable to use any of the programs, adobe's website had a page about it but nothing i tried worked. It really makes me mad cause i paid money for these programs, got to use them for a year, and all of a sudden they quit on me. And on top of that i'm a graphic design major and i have to go in to school outside of class hours to work on projects, when i have these programs on my computer.

well i was just wondering if anyone knows of a quick fix or why this happened...any help is appreciated

anyone else get this message when they try to open a CS3 program:

"Licensing for this product has stopped working. You cannot use this product at this time. You must repair the problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling this product or contacting your IT administrator or Adobe customer support for help."

it started about a month ago and i've been unable to use any of the programs, adobe's website had a page about it but nothing i tried worked. It really makes me mad cause i paid money for these programs, got to use them for a year, and all of a sudden they quit on me. And on top of that i'm a graphic design major and i have to go in to school outside of class hours to work on projects, when i have these programs on my computer.

well i was just wondering if anyone knows of a quick fix or why this happened...any help is appreciated

If you paid money for the program, simply reinstall it. If that doesn't work, contact Adobe's support, they're a helpful lot.

• 2 weeks later...
How can you make a vector logo look realistic if it was on a baseball cap. Whenever I put a logo on the cap, the logo just looks too "plain," if you know what I mean. How can I make it look more realistic?

Thanks

sometimes a drop shadow used properly will do the trick. make it barely noticable

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

How can you make a vector logo look realistic if it was on a baseball cap. Whenever I put a logo on the cap, the logo just looks too "plain," if you know what I mean. How can I make it look more realistic?

Thanks

sometimes a drop shadow used properly will do the trick. make it barely noticable

also try warping it to match the curves of the cap

logo.png

Thanks for the tips.

How about this?

How do you "switch" the player's jersey so it'll look like he was on another team. This is baseball, btw. I've always wondered what it would look like if my uniform was actually on a baseball player in real life...

Thanks.

IowaOaks.png

Archived