Photoshop Help

pcgd

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, this is probably going to be a silly question to some of you, but I'm stuck and I'm not sure where else to turn. Here is the question.

I am using Photoshop CS3. Any time I want to outline something I'll use stroke, but I notice that using stroke will round out the edges, even on sharp corners like stars. Am I using the wrong tool to outline this stuff because I'm sure there is a way to create an outline and still keep the sharp corners. I appreciate any help I can get on this. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, this is probably going to be a silly question to some of you, but I'm stuck and I'm not sure where else to turn. Here is the question.

I am using Photoshop CS3. Any time I want to outline something I'll use stroke, but I notice that using stroke will round out the edges, even on sharp corners like stars. Am I using the wrong tool to outline this stuff because I'm sure there is a way to create an outline and still keep the sharp corners. I appreciate any help I can get on this. Thanks.

one way I could think of to do this is to duplicate the layer you want to outline, drag the layer below the smaller logo, and stretch it out a little bigger and give it a color overlay.

bullssig.png

Or...presuming you're using PC here, once you unzip the font file, open up the unzipped folder, right-click on the font file and choose "Install" from the pop-up menu. Try that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 2 weeks later...
You have to unzip it to the C\Windows\Fonts folder. Its pretty simple.

While this works, it's far better to have windows install the font to the OS and all other programs, instead of the "hope it works" method that unzipping to the font folder does. Doing this method doesn't guarantee the font will show up in programs, such as Illustrator and Photoshop.

• 4 weeks later...

Typically if want your "STROKE" to stay the same as the Text you are using, I normally use "Inside" on the position in your Effects.

Here is an example if you cant understand what I typed. For some reason I can never explain what Im thinking :P

stroketype.th.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, just have a quick question --Is there anyway to get your logos like this in photoshop with sharp edges instead of round ones?? This Lakers logo is just an example of what I need done but cannot figure out how to get the corners sharp an easy way. If someone could direct me to a program that can do this that would be wonferfullll unless photoshop can do it that would be gr8 too. :D

lakersk.jpg

Quick question

I'm trying to download a font from 1001 free fonts or anywhere really. I click download, unzip the file, and then what? I don't have anything else available and Photoshop doesn't show the new font either. HELP PLEASE

Start>Control Panel>Fonts

Simply click and drag your unzipped fonts into the Fonts folder.

TOEWScopy.png

comriecopy.png

Thanks for the tips.

How about this?

How do you "switch" the player's jersey so it'll look like he was on another team. This is baseball, btw. I've always wondered what it would look like if my uniform was actually on a baseball player in real life...

Thanks.

Easiest way would be to find a picture of someone else wearing the desired jersey whos body is roughly positioned close to how the "face" player is. This way the face doesn't look out of place.

Also to make it look nicer, try playing with some blending options over all layers.

This obviously only works if you want to switch the players jersey for an already existing jersey. To put your jersey concept (or whatever you mean by "your jersey") on the player it would take a lot more work and would be extremely difficult to make it look real.

You can try double clicking the specific layer on the layers palette (More so to the right of the little rectangle becuase if you double click the left side it will try and change the layer name) this opens up blending options you can double click the stroke option and then play around with the pixel size, colour and even the opacity.

Hope those were helpful guys.

TOEWScopy.png

comriecopy.png

Im wondering how to make pictures look like the EA sports covers.

ea_nhl_09.jpg

While I'm sure there's other ways to do this, oftentimes I can create images like this using the Brush Strokes filter. I wouldn't set the values too high, though--just enough to where you can see them up close. Before all that, though, you really need to adjust the colors on the stock image first (achieved by playing with the Hue/Saturation sliders, the Selective Color panel, even the curves panel a little bit). From there, it involves a good bit of fine-tuning with the burn/dodge tool, possibly even the curves. It ain't an exact science. It takes a good bit of practice.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Im wondering how to make pictures look like the EA sports covers.

ea_nhl_09.jpg

While I'm sure there's other ways to do this, oftentimes I can create images like this using the Brush Strokes filter. I wouldn't set the values too high, though--just enough to where you can see them up close. Before all that, though, you really need to adjust the colors on the stock image first (achieved by playing with the Hue/Saturation sliders, the Selective Color panel, even the curves panel a little bit). From there, it involves a good bit of fine-tuning with the burn/dodge tool, possibly even the curves. It ain't an exact science. It takes a good bit of practice.

I found making a duplicate of the layer then desturating it, and also playing with the high pass filter and layer blend modes gives an image a similar style.

detsig.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

If i were to use a blank template with photoshop... how do i change the colors of the various pieces of the uniform, while still keeping some of the shading details?

for every stripe, line, color, etc. did you guys just make a separate layer with JUST that color, and then change the opacity in order to keep the shading and shadows?

if not, can someone tell me how they make uniforms while keeping the shadows? thanks.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived