Home run derby unis

CDunn

I was watching a replay of the Home Run Derby on ESPN and the American league is wearing Red unis with a single blue stripe on each sleeve, a set of blue stripes on the front and circling round the neck(what do you call that stripe--yolk?).  The National had the blue and red reversed.  Both had scripts on the front for their respective league with the last A in nationAl and americAn turning into a star with something in it--anybody know what it is?  I thought they were wearing the black and white batting practice uniforms that Snowcap showed us.  These that they are wearing are much nicer.  

Also, Bagwell(?) was wearing the blue and gold Astros cap with the cooresponding main logo on the left sleeve.  Shilling(isn't he still with the Diamondbacks) was wearing a Phillies cap.  Mark Grace (Diamondback/retired?) was there wearing a Cubs cap.  McGwire was also there with an A's cap.  I didn't see their sleeve logos.  What's up with this???

yeah, I'm an idiot.  It must be an old one.  I knew something wasn't right.  Feel free to close this thread.  I missed the Derby last night, so when I was flipping through channels today, I saw guys hitting balls out of the park, so I just assumed it was this year's derby.  Anyway, the jerseys from whatever derby I was watching blow this year's out of the water.

you must not watch baseball much, seeing as tino martinez was still a yankee, and they continually showed chuck knoblach...as a twin.

that was the 97 derby in Cleveland.

Also, Minnesota switched to similar alternates to both that same year, or the year after.

you must not watch baseball much, seeing as tino martinez was still a yankee, and they continually showed chuck knoblach...as a twin.

that was the 97 derby in Cleveland.

Also, Minnesota switched to similar alternates to both that same year, or the year after.

yeah, i think it was that year (97)...and i know at one of the pre-ASG festivities the camera was briefly on some kid in the twins' red alternate, and another one in the cubs' Cuba road :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

yeah, I'm an idiot. It must be an old one. I knew something wasn't right. Feel free to close this thread. I missed the Derby last night, so when I was flipping through channels today, I saw guys hitting balls out of the park, so I just assumed it was this year's derby. Anyway, the jerseys from whatever derby I was watching blow this year's out of the water.

Sorry Sabres  I must do this

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Of course why ESPN was showig the 97 derby is dumb but lol thinking it was last nights lol!!!

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

let's review my thinking.

"Oh, there's Jeff Bagwell.  Look, he's wearing logos from several years ago.  McGwire is wearing A's stuff, Grace is wearing cubs stuff, Shilling is wearing Phillies stuff.  And they're not wearing this years batting practice uniforms.  It must be this years derby.  Makes sense." :)

I have no idea why it didn't occur to me that it was from a few years ago.  The only parts I watched were Griffey Jr., Walker, and who ever was after him.  Then I got kindof bored.

Rather funny in retrospect, but this thread can be closed now.  That's the main reason for this reply.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Dude didn't you hear? This year was turn-back-the-clock to 1997 year!!

Haha anyway yeah that was 1997, and no those jersey definitely do not comapre to this years'!! C'mon man they're not thast bad! I got on my 2003 Nomar jersey right now! No but seriously though, great game, no Sosa, no Prior, aaaahhhh yeeessss.

Archived