Who's Better, Irvin or Largent?

brennus

Largent IMO.

Largent has better stats and he was on a team where he was the only option. Irvin had Troy Aikman throwing to him, who did Steve have? Irvin was a better gamebreaker WR but Largent was better overall.

There's my $0.02

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Irvin ia loudmouth, whoremongering, drugaddicted punk.

In other words, a total scumhound, who's game never even came close to living up to his endless shrieking and bleating.

Largent is a class act who let his performance on the field speak for itself.

Irvin may have been more athletically gifted, but Largent's character gives him the edge.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Largent IMO.

Largent has better stats and he was on a team where he was the only option. Irvin had Troy Aikman throwing to him, who did Steve have? Irvin was a better gamebreaker WR but Largent was better overall.

There's my $0.02

That says it very well--I also choose Largent...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

If I was picking a team and had to pick one, give me Irvin.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

who's a better person, or who was the better receiver?

sure, largent may have better character attributes, but let's look at this objectively (which i'm sure you upstanding citizens already did).

season averages (career)

irvin: 1082.82 receiving yards, 68.18 catches, 5.9 touchdowns, 15.872 yards per catch

largent: 1006.85 yards, 63 catches, 7.69 touchdowns, 15.98 yards per catch

pretty close.

except for one thing.

3 super bowls and a .750 postseason winning percentage versus 0 super bowls and a .429 postseason winning percentage.

i don't make it a habit to support anything to do with the cowboys, but i'd say irvin was the better receiver.

sure, largent may have better character attributes, but let's look at this objectively (which i'm sure you upstanding citizens already did).

season averages (career)

irvin: 1082.82 receiving yards, 68.18 catches, 5.9 touchdowns, 15.872 yards per catch

pretty close.

except for one thing.

3 super bowls and a .750 postseason winning percentage versus 0 super bowls and a .429 postseason winning percentage.

i don't make it a habit to support anything to do with the cowboys, but i'd say irvin was the better receiver.

Largent had less yards and receptions... But more touchdowns and yards per catch, which to me, makes you better. Doesn't matter about the 3 Super Bowls or whatever... Irvin wasn't the only great person on the team, where as Largent was.

I think just about everyone's opinion is being clouded by who they LIKE more.

Irvin was a better WR hands down. Some of the arguments for Largent was that he was the only weapon in Seattle at the time... think about that for a moment, if Irvin was on a team and was the ONLY weapon his stats would have been even higher but he loses touches to the All time leading Rusher in NFL history Emmitt Smith, one of the best pass catching Tight Ends of his time Jay Novacek.

I hate Irvin and everything to do with the Dallas Cowboys (like any self respecting Buffalo Bills fan should) but the question at hand is who is the better WR not who would you rather date your daughter.

season averages (career)

irvin:  1082.82 receiving yards, 68.18 catches, 5.9 touchdowns, 15.872 yards per catch

pretty close.

except for one thing.

Largent had less yards and receptions... But more touchdowns and yards per catch, which to me, makes you better. Doesn't matter about the 3 Super Bowls or whatever... Irvin wasn't the only great person on the team, where as Largent was.

so...you pose a question, with a subjective answer, yet won't accept an answer that agrees with your preconceived notion?

i know your type.

season averages (career)

irvin:  1082.82 receiving yards, 68.18 catches, 5.9 touchdowns, 15.872 yards per catch

pretty close.

except for one thing.

so...you pose a question, with a subjective answer, yet won't accept an answer that agrees with your preconceived notion?

i know your type.

What? :blink:

Archived