Guiness Book of Records

rmered

I have been asked to comment on the team who have worn the same jumper design for the longest period.

From my research in Aussie Rules, my team, Essendon Bombers are the longest in the world, with the same jersey design, Black with a Red Sash.

Since 1874, Essendon have officially worn these colours, except for the addition of competition and sponsors logos.

essend2.gif

r11g5.jpg

Does anyone know of a professional team with a longer stretch of using the same uniform? Well, at least from before 1874?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I really don't think their is. I dont think any North American pro sports have been around as long as that, and if so because of technology and stuff the uniforms were definitely different. In europe, it seems they have gone the nike or reebok route.

What about an american college though? Maybe penn state? Texas?

signature.gif

I know this is a dumb question, but has Essendon always been a professional club? When Melbourne and Geelong started, they didn't start as professional clubs, did they? Maybe there are some amateur soccer, rugby union or Gaelic football team that has the sam basic design for just as long. Who knows?

I saw, I came, I left.

I know this is a dumb question, but has Essendon always been a professional club? When Melbourne and Geelong started, they didn't start as professional clubs, did they? Maybe there are some amateur soccer, rugby union or Gaelic football team that has the sam basic design for just as long. Who knows?

Good point, Australian footballers have really only been professionals in the last 20 years.

However, it's always been the elite level of sport, and been semi-professional since it started.

Maybe they should call it elite sporting teams, not professional.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

gotta be the English cricket team... seeing the sport started in the 1600 or 1700's anbd they always wore whites, cos colours only came in for World Series Cricket, so yeh maybe a cricket team.....the Darrum Ox Cricket Club (100km north of Bendigo) was around in the early 1800's but the town now only has like one house since the pub there burnt down......(i went there cos my ancestors lived there)

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

The Guernsey design has changed, though - they're now mostly all vests.

The look of them hasn't changed much, though, I'll admit. But yeah, it's gotta be test cricket.

In the same tradition as this thread, who has the longest established logo (it can be refined as necessary, to keep with the ages, but has to be the same design concept) still in use today?

Logos are quite a new invention, really, for use in sports teams, so I can't imagine it would have been terribly long.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Archived