Philadelphia Phillies

buckeyes1

Home primary: not so bad. Consider an outline to make the lettering stand out against the pinstripes. And finish the stripes around the waist, 'cuz you missed a spot.

Road primary: a little inconsistent. If you're going to outline the letters in the wordmark, you should do the same around the numbers on the sleeve (and presumably, the backs as well).

Alt. #1: :puke: . Sorry, but that's all I can say. A lot of people seem to like the idea of coloring in the area around the neck and down the middle where the buttons line up. I'm not one of them. There's a reason no MLB teams do this, or have considered it for as long as I can remember.

Alt. #2: meh. I don't like alts to begin with, but being objective, there's something missing. For one, the stars should be blue for the sake of consistency, since you did it on the primaries. And the white-only neck piping needs balance - either a 2nd color or something around the sleeves. It just looks unfinished as it is now.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Pinstripes are sure a pain in the neck to draw aren't they ;). Anyway, I am not big on the first alt, but the others are fine with me. To be honest, I have never been a fan of the Phillies "vertical" script lettering or the maroon color they used to use. Nevertheless, if you have to go by those constraints, this concept ain't bad :)

LT

Nice job, but that first alt needs to go. The entire concept could use more of that current blue, I think it looks nice with the maroon.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I wish they'd go back to crimson. That red now looks like it should be on top of an iced sugar cookie. Notice that Philly has never written Philadelphia on their road jerseys. Too many letters or is their name self explanatory?

Probably too many letters. Remember the old Phila. Warriors just had "PHILA" on the front of their jerseys.

Could be worse, they could have to fit a bunch of Eastern European names on the backs, like in hockey.

Notice that Philly has never written Philadelphia on their road jerseys. Too many letters or is their name self explanatory?

Used to be a cost issue. Maybe it still is. Although that doesn't explain the Reds putting "CINCINNATI" on their road uniforms as early as the 1900s

My high school never put the town's full name on the jerseys because "BULLDOGS", "HADDONS" or now just "DAWGS" all have fewer letters than "HADDONFIELD". (And "STATE CHAMPS" would just be vain boasting, even if it was true... :P ) At least we always had nice uniforms, embroidery and tackle twill numbers.

As for the Phils, when your team is names for the city it plays in, and that city has a long name, there're too many compelling reasons not to spell it out. Of course, San Francisco also has 12 letters, and the Giants manage. Who knows?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived