Jays Hat Question

eddie010

This is me proudly displaying the never-used graphite roads...

Picture013.jpg

I absolutely love it. It's a shame they don't use it. You know, people complain of seeing the plain light grey uniforms on the road yet complain when a team's trying something new... Oy Vey!

[pointing out the obvious] I guess because that graphite jersey looks too much like their black alts, except for the wordmark. Maybe if the graphite contrasted a little more, they would've worked. [/pointing]

Oh, and thanks to whoever gave me closure on my itsy hat problem. I know it's minor, but I only want to be wearing the best! :D

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

I guess it's not so much the graphite jersey that concerned me. In fact it does look good, which is why I'm still fighting the urge to purchase. But the graphite pants, err... yeah. Maybe if they pulled an '84 Cubs and wore white pants on the road, it'd work. At least that way the graphite caps would finally go with something, too.

All in all though, still a train wreck of a set. Come on, give me some blue piping or striping. Or even black. And put a number on the front. Just something to stop it from looking so second-rate.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I went to Eustace so I know Haddonfield pretty well. Schoener is a good guy and I usually see him when he comes through Chicago. It was great when he played here last year.

Pshhhh Eustace. How's Trope doin over there these days. Still gettin lit up by PVI (Go Eagles) I'm a Haddon Heights boy myself.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I don't know him personally, but Frank Catalanotto attended the same college as me, albeit a few years before.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I guess we all just know a bunch of Blue Jays on here. Go figure. :wacko:

and here I am lookin like a sore thumb :P I know no Jays prospects personally-only an ex-Rangers/Brewers farmhand, an ex-Brewers minor leaguer and a Phillies prospect playing in A ball...and those three are all brothers.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

OK, I have yet another question, heh..heh..

This is my pride and joy, my first Jays hat ever purchased (at my first Jays game, at the SkyDome merch stand, two summers ago):

myjayshat.gif

It's a sick hat. Its a 59Fifty, and the material is basketball-jersey-esque (with little oval holes, but that's the top layer -- the bottom layer has no holes). Now, I bought it in 2003, and the vendor said it was discounted, so I got two for the price of one. My uncle figured it was because they were changing identities the following year (last year, 2004).

I just want to know when, if ever, the Jays wore these hats. Judging by the material, one would think that it's an old B.P. hat, but others might argue that because the hat is red, it is a Canada Day hat. Help, anyone?

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Um, there's a former major leaguer (Scott Leius), and a Royals farmhand (Mike Aviles) that went to my college (Concordia College in Bronxville, New York - the smallest Division II program in the nation)...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I know it's not popular to say this, but I kinda like the Jays graphite stuff. It's different, but maybe that's why I like it so much.

Also, and pardon me if this is either a stupid or a no-no question, but how do you guys get into the MLB Style guide? I've been trying to have a look at all of the teams on the style guide for a few years, with no luck.

Jumpin' on the Jays wagon...one of my fellow LSU Tigers (Aaron Hill) has been tearing it up lately for Toronto. They also picked up LSU's Ryan Patterson in this year's draft.

On a side note, I played (Louisiana) high school ball against a bunch of guys who are now in the minors, but a quick congratulations to Tulane's Tommy Manzella who attended my alma mater (Hannan High) and whom I've know since he was much younger.

I just want to know when, if ever, the Jays wore these hats. Judging by the material, one would think that it's an old B.P. hat, but others might argue that because the hat is red, it is a Canada Day hat. Help, anyone?

Check my site, you might learn something :)

http://sportslogos.net/team.php?l_id=4&t_id=78

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived