Another round of jd's trivia

NoHoJoe

When you mean multi-purpose, you mean ones with baseball and football? In that case there is Toronto, Minnesota, Miami. But Pac Bell, Bank One have had football games, Tampa was once the home of the Lightning and NCAA basketball and Safeco had Wrestlemania, so there are purposes for baseball stadiums afterall.

Montreal once had a car show and the snow fell through the roof!  :laugh:

I saw, I came, I left.

THere will be 5 Multipurpose Stadiums remaining

Pro Player Stadium Marlins and Dolphins

Olympic Stadium Expos and CFL occasionally*

Skydome Jays and Argos

HHH Metrodome Twins and Vikings

Network Associates Coliseum A's and Raiders

*-If the Expos stay in Montreal

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I didnt consider St. Louis since a NFL team dont play there. If you count Busch you have to count Shea too don't ya, I think he meant currentl used by 2 teams.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Don't forget Busch Stadium, though it won't be around much longer. Football was played there when the Rams first moved. However, I guess it may have been converted to a baseball only stadium with the recent renovations, so I don't know for sure.

It was also played there by the Cardinals from 1966-87 (before they moved to Arizona)...

QPR%20Sig.png

Don't forget Busch Stadium, though it won't be around much longer. Football was played there when the Rams first moved. However, I guess it may have been converted to a baseball only stadium with the recent renovations, so I don't know for sure.

It was also played there by the Cardinals from 1966-87 (before they moved to Arizona)...

I know Moser, what I meant to put was played as recently as when the Rams first moved.

Safeco field also had football for the first Seattle Bowl, as well as the recent Manchester United soccer game.  I just had to add that since I don't really consider WrestleMania to be a "sport," but Safeco has had other more traditional sporting events.
dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Safeco field also had football for the first Seattle Bowl, as well as the recent Manchester United soccer game. I just had to add that since I don't really consider WrestleMania to be a "sport," but Safeco has had other more traditional sporting events.

Well multi-purpose facilities are not just exclusive to sports you know. Skydome, for example, has a lot more to offer than sporting events. Just ask Chris Creamer! :D

No, I don't consider pro wrestling a true sport. Nor do I consider figure skating a sport. (I sense an argument brewing...)

Oh, The Man U game was at Seahawks stadium, not Safeco.

I saw, I came, I left.

Oh, The Man U game was at Seahawks stadium, not Safeco.

Wow, what a slip up!  I even live in Seattle, so you think I would have known that.  Just thinking about the Seattle Bowl got me confused with Safeco and football.  That's what I get for typing too fast!

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Archived