Portland Lumberjax unveil logo...

Brian in Boston

guy holding a lacrosse stick and wielding it like a weapon.

I am not taunting or putting you down appleclock, but have you ever played Lacrosse? I don't mean the stix should be used as a weapon, but it is an intricle part of the skills used.

Also, if you portray the character as aggressive, you apt to draw a larger audience - aka. NASCAR wrecks, collisions in football, close play at homeplate, yadda . .. yadda.

Anyway, that is a good observation on your part, I hadn't noticed the stix wielding pycho-Lax players in those logos. Good Eye my man!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The National Lacrosse League's Portland, Oregon-based expansion franchise has unveiled its name and logo.

portland-lumberjaxlogo.jpg

In conjunction with the identity package, team owner Angela Batinovich has announced that the Lumberjax have entered into a charitable relationship with the World Forestry Center. The team has become a Corporate Member for the non-profit organization and will donate a portion of the revenue generated by the sale of each season ticket to the Portland-based eduactional institution. The World Forestry Center supports sustainable forests worldwide.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that this was created by Keith Flynn of Flynnagain Productions.

www.portlandjax.com

i think it's good. but it's Lumberjacks not lumberjax

untitled-6.jpg

Lacrosse is abreviated "LAX" - get it, La - with the "X" being the "crosse".

Pittsburgh had a great LAX logo and name: Pittsburgh Crossefire

crossefire_logo3.gif

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Hence former lacrosse players being referred to as ex-LAX

Good one yh :P:P

i tell ya what, I'll agree to disagree on the Wings logo and go on to the Jax...Portland already has a beaver team, the Beavers ;) and that said, I'm a fan of this logo, and I'd love to see the rest of the set, if any.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i tell ya what, I'll agree to disagree on the Wings logo and go on to the Jax...Portland already has a beaver team, the Beavers ;) and that said, I'm a fan of this logo, and I'd love to see the rest of the set, if any.

The Beavers are in Corvallis, not Portland

Signature intentionally left blank

If you've ever seen the name of the sport of lacrosse in its short form you'd know why it's "Jax". <_<

The name has grown on me once I've put two and two together. I like it now, a lot.

Plus, it's much better than "Fear" or "Shadow".

I hope the jerseys drop the wordmark though. That's the second worst thing about my Bandits uniforms. (The first being the home/road black uniforms in general)

I meant the Triple A baseball team ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I meant the Triple A baseball team ;)

which share a stadium with my boys the Portland Timbers... whose mascot is.... Timber Jim :D

big pic of Jim

Archived