Nationals DC logo 5950 cap

griffelh

Washington Nationals 5950 DC logo caps are now available at lids.com in home and road colors. It has the New Era logo on the side, but other than that it is the home and road cap with the logo as it should be. Just does not look right with the Senators W. Just got my blue one in the mail today!

1_640.jpg

1_640.jpg

Doesn't look like it has the gold beveling. What, Washington can afford to cut taxes for Ken Lay and Paris Hilton but it can't afford gold thread for the 5950 DC caps? Where are our priorities? Won't someone think of the children? Don't these people love America?

I'd love to get one of these caps, but not if it doesn't have the gold. And the logo looks too small in the photos you post. The DC should be freakin' huge, like the T on the Rangers' caps.

20082614447.png

Doesn't look like it has the gold beveling. What, Washington can afford to cut taxes for Ken Lay and Paris Hilton but it can't afford gold thread for the 5950 DC caps? Where are our priorities? Won't someone think of the children? Don't these people love America?

I'd love to get one of these caps, but not if it doesn't have the gold. And the logo looks too small in the photos you post. The DC should be freakin' huge, like the T on the Rangers' caps.

Indeed it does not have the gold trim, but the logo is just the right size on the cap I received.

Glad I got my home "pretzel W" hat before they unveiled these travesties...

Ditto, except I got a road version. My old '69-71 Senators cap fills the bill for the home version; its stitching has faded to pink and, well, let's just say most of the sweat stains aren't visible to the casual observer. :puke:;)

IIRC there's a thread here to the effect that the road 5950s being sold to the public aren't the same as the game-worn versions, which apparently lack the red border to the "W"? From my seats at the two games I attended in Philly, I couldn't tell for sure.

I also read in the Post a couple of weeks back that inside-the-Beltway political nerds are trying to politicize the caps. Apparently Democrats favor the "DC" logo because they associate the game caps' "W" with GWBush or, if they wear a game cap, they wear the road version since the red home caps are associated with "red states" and the GOP.

Sheesh. Here's hoping the franchise - whatever caps, colors or letters it chooses to wear - stays in Washington regardless of which party is running the show.

tzch6.jpg

IIRC there's a thread here to the effect that the road 5950s being sold to the public aren't the same as the game-worn versions, which apparently lack the red border to the "W"? From my seats at the two games I attended in Philly, I couldn't tell for sure.

Check out the current (July 8) Flash gallery on the Nationals' site. There's a good look at the road cap there, and you can see it.

It's very thin, hard to make out on some photos, but the red outline is most definitely there.

They're not straight 5950s, they're part of NE's chalk line. Notice the brim on the red hat - it had a black outline.

They are indeed part of the Chalk Line series, but they are damn close to a Game 5950 as you can get. The Angels, for example, have a black undervisor on their caps as well. I think they are a great addition to New Eras line, and they appear to be selling like hot cakes. They are down to size 7 1/2 only for the blue ones.

IIRC there's a thread here to the effect that the road 5950s being sold to the public aren't the same as the game-worn versions, which apparently lack the red border to the "W"?  From my seats at the two games I attended in Philly, I couldn't tell for sure.

Check out the current (July 8) Flash gallery on the Nationals' site. There's a good look at the road cap there, and you can see it.

It's very thin, hard to make out on some photos, but the red outline is most definitely there.

Peachy. It's a sharp-looking cap, glad I bought one. Thanks.

tzch6.jpg

They're not straight 5950s, they're part of NE's chalk line.  Notice the brim on the red hat - it had a black outline.

They are indeed part of the Chalk Line series, but they are damn close to a Game 5950 as you can get. The Angels, for example, have a black undervisor on their caps as well. I think they are a great addition to New Eras line, and they appear to be selling like hot cakes. They are down to size 7 1/2 only for the blue ones.

Good thing I ordered my size 8 already, eh?

kU6ns.gif

Archived