Ssur team color lists

TruColor

I'm experimenting with returning my official team color lists to the previous HTML format that many of you preferred.  Here's a link to the NFL list (the only one I've completed so far):

NFL Team Colors List

You may notice that I've changed up the format a bit (table borders)...let me know what you think.

Looks nice, although I think I liked the PDF better, too.  Whatever works easier for you is the key.

Just curious regarding the Packers colors.  According to the Packer media guide (2002 version), the team dropped blue as an official team color in 1950.  You've got it lasting through 1964 (I think).  Different sources of information, or what?

It's where I sit.

Looks nice, although I think I liked the PDF better, too. Whatever works easier for you is the key.

Just curious regarding the Packers colors. According to the Packer media guide (2002 version), the team dropped blue as an official team color in 1950. You've got it lasting through 1964 (I think). Different sources of information, or what?

I'll look into that...my source for a lot of the older color sets is someone who supposedly has a lot of the "official" listings from WAY back, but I don't think these things are infallible.

I'm torn myself on the best way to handle these listings.  The PDFs are generated straight from my database, while these HTML things are done manually.  However, getting a concise color listing is difficult; mainly because I store a separate record each time a Pantone color is tweaked.  Therefore, you get multiple sets of colors for a team, when they appear to be the same colors.  For example, the Falcons added Silver in 1978.  Technically, it was Gray, and then the team changed to a Metallic Silver in 1990, when they went with the Black helmets and jerseys.  Then in 1996, the NFL started using a different Black for all the teams that used Black until 2002.  And then the Blacks changed to a more standard shade.  And finally, the Falcons changed the Red for 2003 with the new logo and uniforms.  Technically, the Falcons have been Red, Black and Silver since 1978, but (by my count so far) they've actually have had 5 different variations of these colors.

I've played around with working the queries out to isolate and filter out these differences, but it's not so easy.  So for now, I'm going to do it the hard way - until I can get my ASP.NET (and/or XML) skills up, and make the whole thing a searchable database.

I should have this stuff down around the time I turn 90.

Nice job, but I must say I preferred the PDF version. I can open up the PDF and copy and paste the colors and onto a design I'm working on to make sure the colors are right. I can't do that with these HTMLs.

Also, I think the Atlanta Falcons only used Old Gold for one season. They put one gold stripe on the helmet to appease the Georgia Tech(Downtown Atlanta, not far from the stadium where they played) fans because red black and silver are University of Georgia(an hour or so north of Atlanta, in Athens) colors. UGA and GT are the two main college fan bases found in Atlanta.

Also, I think the Atlanta Falcons only used Old Gold for one season. They put one gold stripe on the helmet to appease the Georgia Tech(Downtown Atlanta, not far from the stadium where they played) fans because red black and silver are University of Georgia(an hour or so north of Atlanta, in Athens) colors. UGA and GT are the two main college fan bases found in Atlanta.

I researched this a while ago (but I'll check it again), but I believe that the Old Gold stripes were on there for 4 seasons (1966-1969).  However, they continued to list the Old Gold as an official team color until well into the '70s (I CAN confirm that!).

Side note - the U. of Georgia's colors are officially Red & Black - they added the Gray pants sometime in the '70s (I think).

It looks great, but I have to agree with those who prefer the .pdf files. I like that I can open up a .pdf, copy what I need to Paint Shop Pro, and go to work. I really can't complain though, since you are sharing with us, you should stick with whatever is easiest for you.

Archived