Glendale looking for 2009 NHL All-Star Game

Gary

So this how hockey is trying to win fans back? Cancel an All-Star game so they can play in Italy. Well, I hope it works out. It's a shame that two cities got the shaft two years in a row now.

KISSwall09.jpg

So this how hockey is trying to win fans back? Cancel an All-Star game so they can play in Italy. Well, I hope it works out. It's a shame that two cities got the shaft two years in a row now.

NHL != only hockey in the world. Somewhere along the way people lost sight of that.

I agree. Atlanta should get next available game followed by Glendale.

It was mentioned before on TSN I think that the NHL is already commited to Dallas in 2007, and Atlanta in 2008, and most likely that Montreal, which would celebrate its 100th anniversary in 08-09 wants to have the Bell Centre (or Centre Bell for you Québecers (is that right?)) do the ASG, and withj 2010 being an Olympic year in Vancouver, the earliest that Phoenix might get it is 2011. OUCH!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

NHL is already commited to Dallas in 2007, and Atlanta in 2008, and most likely that Montreal

If they can break the their commitment to the fans to provide us with a good product for the last coupld of years then they can certainly re-work these 'commitments'...LOL

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

It was mentioned before on TSN I think that the NHL is already commited to Dallas in 2007, and Atlanta in 2008, and most likely that Montreal, which would celebrate its 100th anniversary in 08-09 wants to have the Bell Centre (or Centre Bell for you Québecers (is that right?)) do the ASG, and withj 2010 being an Olympic year in Vancouver, the earliest that Phoenix might get it is 2011. OUCH!

what should happen is Dallas gives Atlanta 2007, Phoenix gets 2008, and Montreal gets 2009, Olympics in 2010, and Dallas in 2011

I feel that all teams in all sports MLB, NFL, NHL should have to wait at least 20 years before hosting another All-Star Game.

In other words Detroiit should not be considered for another MLB ASG until 2025.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I feel that all teams in all sports MLB, NFL, NHL should have to wait at least 20 years before hosting another All-Star Game.

In other words Detroiit should not be considered for another MLB ASG until 2025.

i get it, it doesnt sound like a bad idea and gives different cities a good chance of hosting

Thats why, its not right Shea has not hosted a ASG since 1964 in that time its been in Houston 3 times, and next year it wil be in Pittsburgh for the 3rd time since 64.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Montreal had it in 1993 they should have to wait to 2013 the 20-year rule shoudl apply there too.

the oldest team in the leauge is turning 100 in 2009. some vauge rule whitch isnt even written down can be put aside for such an event.

Well maybe for something like taht exceptions can be made, escpeiallys sinc eit is Montreal, but why hasn't Ottawa hosted yet.

because its ottawa :D

j/k. ottawa is beutiful city and a great hockey town, but as a leafs fan its my duty to make fun.

Archived