Miles Simon new UA Hoops Assisstant Coach

amare32

Wow I wondered what happened to him I thought hed be atleast good off the bench in the NBA.

I bet one day hes a head coach somewhere, maybe even Lute replacement one day.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Sadly, he would have been a lottery pick if he'd declared for the draft following the '97 Final Four. But he came back to UA in pursuit of a repeat title. His stock dropped his senior season. I can't recall if he was a 2d round pick or if he went undrafted, but I don't believe Simon ever made an NBA roster.

No matter, tho. He was the heart and soul of that '97 squad, which included Mike Bibby and Jason Terry. Also on that team were Michael Dickerson, whose promising pro career was derailed by injury, and AJ Bramlett, who had an uneventful stint w/ the Cavs.

Really hardcore hoops junkies may remember a walk-on named Josh Pastner, whose UA career consisted mostly of mop-up duty and rebounding for Bibby during practices. Pastner became a graduate assistant and then a full-fledged assistant coach under Olson. He is very well regarded and is further along than Simon in his coaching career.

Honestly, I don't expect either Pastner or Simon to get the nod in the post-Lute era. All Arizona fans dread the day Coach Olson hangs 'em up. I anticipate that UA would be wary of handing the program over to a rookie head coach. I think it's more likely they bring in an established coach from outside the ranks, a la the Kansas hiring of Bill Self.

personally UA can have their basketball(ASU Sucks there :P). But you'll always be our b**** when it comes to baseball and football :P. J/K, having some rivalry fun w/ ya

personally UA can have their basketball(ASU Sucks there :P).  But you'll always be our b**** when it comes to baseball and football :P.  J/K, having some rivalry fun w/ ya

Football 2004: Arizona 34, Arizona State 27.

Head-to-Head Baseball 2005: Arizona 5, Arizona State 1.

Head-to-Head Basketball 2004-2005: Arizona 2, Arizona State 0.

Arizona's all-time football record against Arizona State --> 44 W, 33 L, 1 T.

Arizona State has a pretty good baseball program. Five NCAA baseball championships for ASU compared to just 3 for UA.

Of course, everyone knows college baseball is a distant third behind football and basketball.

But since you're clearly desparate to hang your hat on something, I guess you could always polish that 1981 baseball championship trophy.

Not only have we kicked your asses both historically and recently, you also dress like chili dogs. When your players aren't wearing prison stripes.

If there's an exception to my personal rule of moderation, it's UA-ASU. :D

BEAR DOWN, ARIZONA!

personally UA can have their basketball(ASU Sucks there :P).  But you'll always be our b**** when it comes to baseball and football :P.  J/K, having some rivalry fun w/ ya

Football 2004: Arizona 34, Arizona State 27.

Head-to-Head Baseball 2005: Arizona 5, Arizona State 1.

Head-to-Head Basketball 2004-2005: Arizona 2, Arizona State 0.

Arizona's all-time football record against Arizona State --> 44 W, 33 L, 1 T.

Arizona State has a pretty good baseball program. Five NCAA baseball championships for ASU compared to just 3 for UA.

Of course, everyone knows college baseball is a distant third behind football and basketball.

But since you're clearly desparate to hang your hat on something, I guess you could always polish that 1981 baseball championship trophy.

Not only have we kicked your asses both historically and recently, you also dress like chili dogs. When your players aren't wearing prison stripes.

If there's an exception to my personal rule of moderation, it's UA-ASU. :D

BEAR DOWN, ARIZONA!

yeah yeah yeah, I have a little fun and you have to bring stats into the situation :P:wacko:

On a somewhat related note what happened to Jason Gardner? He supposed to be the stuff and then he disappeared off the face of the earth.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

On a somewhat related note what happened to Jason Gardner? He supposed to be the stuff and then he disappeared off the face of the earth.

he was too small for the pros. A shame too, cuz he was a fun, passionate player to watch

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Archived