Section 219

Moser316

Has anyone else bought anything from this website (formerly ClassicSportsLogos.com) or even heard of it to begin with? They sell T-shirts and caps with the logos of defunct teams from failed sports leagues of the 1950's-1980's. It's a great website to check out if you're an enthusiast of old logos or vintage-style T-shirts.

Section 219

QPR%20Sig.png

I crap you not...I've see a t-shirt from the old Portland Beavers from the late Sixties/early Seventies, and the team slogan that year was:

"Beaver Fever. Snatch It!"

I'm not funny enough to make that up. I NEED to find that t-shirt (the Section 219 website does not have it).

Cards.png

I started an e-mail correspondence with the guy who runs the site just to offer some suggestions about 4 years ago.

Out of nowhere one day I got something from him in the mail - a Houston Gamblers USFL t-shirt. Free. I still have the shirt (it wears very well), and have since bought a number of retro shirts from him.

nav-logo.png

I'd like to see the Austin Peay Govenors basketball t-shirt.

Back in the 1970s, they had a great player named "Fly" Williams. That guy could score some points! A Maravich type.

Their slogan was The "Fly" Is Open...Let's Go Peay!

I'd like to see the Austin Peay Govenors basketball t-shirt.

Back in the 1970s, they had a great player named "Fly" Williams. That guy could score some points! A Maravich type.

Their slogan was The "Fly" Is Open...Let's Go Peay!

They don't do college teams, unfortunately. But I've heard of the chant...

QPR%20Sig.png

My wife bought me a Minnesota Kicks t-shirt for my birthday a couple years ago. It's now my favorite shirt. Good quality stuff there.

Yeah I agree they have quality products. I bought a Detroit Express shirt and a Michigan Stags shirt a year ago. Each one is a different shirt manufacturer, but they are both nice shirts.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Great timing on the post. I was about to post myself. I e-mailed the owner when I first saw the site a few years back. We e-mailed a bit about logo copyright issues- he only operates 'in the clear'; as a result he has no college teams, no old NFL, NHL, NBA teams, and only 1 never-played ABA team (the NBA has locked up all the old ABA logos) and no old sixties AFL logos. I ordered a WFL Southern California Sun jersey from them shortly after; great quality and accurate colors. Good printing, a step up from the home-made computer iron-on stuff I've done (and which a lot of us discussed in an earlier thread).

Last week, I ordered a NASL Tampa Bay Rowdies T-shirt. The shirt is good, though the one print color was a little off (a darker "pine" green rather than the correct kelly green). The turn-around time was incredible-- I think a day or two. But what was really cool was that unexpectedly in the package with my shirt, this was included:

ATKINS.JPG

That's right, a REAL old Doug Atkins football card from the early days of the Saints. I guess they saw I was from the New Orleans area and just threw that in as a bonus, a little something extra that we in this part of the world call "lagniappe".

I should add that they offer some cool options now, with choice of shirt types (ringer, basic white, athletic gray, team color) and print styles (big logo on front, "pocket" logo on front and big logo on back, etc.)

I'd recommend that you check them out. :D

It is what it is.

Great timing on the post. I was about to post myself. I e-mailed the owner when I first saw the site a few years back. We e-mailed a bit about logo copyright issues- he only operates 'in the clear'; as a result he has no college teams, no old NFL, NHL, NBA teams, and only 1 never-played ABA team (the NBA has locked up all the old ABA logos) and no old sixties AFL logos. I ordered a WFL Southern California Sun jersey from them shortly after; great quality and accurate colors. Good printing, a step up from the home-made computer iron-on stuff I've done (and which a lot of us discussed in an earlier thread).

Last week, I ordered a NASL Tampa Bay Rowdies T-shirt. The shirt is good, though the one print color was a little off (a darker "pine" green rather than the correct kelly green). The turn-around time was incredible-- I think a day or two. But what was really cool was that unexpectedly in the packege with my shirt, this was included:

ATKINS.JPG

That's right, a REAL old Doug Atkins football card from the early days of the Saints. I guess they saw I was from the New Orleans area and just threw that in as a bonus, a little something extra that we in this part of the world call "lagniappe".

I should add that they offer some cool options now, with choice of shirt types (ringer, basic white, athletic gray, team color) and print styles (big logo on front, "pocket" logo on front and big logo on back, etc.)

I'd recommend that you check them out. :D

Yeah, I've been noticing that lately, too. A couple months ago, I ordered two T-shirts, a light blue Florida Rockets (EHL) shirt and gold Chicago Cougars (WHA) shirt, and I got an old Bill Goldsworthy card with them. Later, I ordered a Tampa Bay Rowdies training tee (I don't know why they're discontinuing them, it's my favorite design out of all their shirts) and got a card of a Dallas Sidekicks players from the late 1980's.

QPR%20Sig.png

Moser ordering "vintage" stuff? What's going on here? :wacko:^_^

Oh, yeah, since the Sidekicks were mentioned.....

TAAAAATTTTTTTTUUUUUUUUUU!

:D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Moser ordering "vintage" stuff? What's going on here? :wacko:^_^

Oh, yeah, since the Sidekicks were mentioned.....

TAAAAATTTTTTTTUUUUUUUUUU!

:D

Yes, I like vintage-style T-shirts (unless they have a certain ball-in-glove logo on them). What I don't like is seeing vintage uniforms on the field on a regular basis.

QPR%20Sig.png

That's really cool that they toss in those little add-ons. That's just good customer service. I never knew they did that.

They just put up an old Minneapolis Millers shirt i'm thinking of getting. They seem to be growing both in availalbe logos and styles. I hope this company does well. It's a great idea.

Archived