Marlins wearing grey!

SEMOSTLfan

I went to the Cardinals, Marlins game tonight at Busch and the Marlins were wearing the greys. I thought they went to strictly black on the road.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

No. Grey is the regular road uniform color. Black is the alt uniform for either home or road.

Gray isn't the regular color for the Marlins. They usually wear the black jerseys, even though it is the alternate. I believe the Marlins wore gray Sunday or Monday night as well against the Cards.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

No. Grey is the regular road uniform color. Black is the alt uniform for either home or road.

Gray isn't the regular color for the Marlins. They usually wear the black jerseys, even though it is the alternate. I believe the Marlins wore gray Sunday or Monday night as well against the Cards.

no grey is definatley their road uniform....as with most other teams in MLB {padres being a notable exception}

thats like saying because the cubs were their blue alts so much that makes it their regular jersey.....

no grey is definatley their road uniform....as with most other teams in MLB {padres being a notable exception}

thats like saying because the cubs were their blue alts so much that makes it their regular jersey.....

Gray is their road uniform, but it's not their REGULAR road uniform. Same with the Cubs. Regular meaning they wear it on, well, a "regular" basis. If the Cubs wore blue 80 times for away games, I'd say the blue jersey is the regular away uniform, even if it's not the official away uniform.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My guess is they wore the greys (which have not been their "regular" road togs as of late) partly due to the fact that the sun is still pretty strong for the first 2-3 innings in St. Louis and we're having a pretty nasty heat wave - even by Miami standards. Even if it only makes 1-2 degrees difference, it's worth it to wear the lighter color.

The gray road uniform has been used a lot more lately. The black is rarely worn anymore. I can't recall the last time the Sunday alternate was worn either.

Everyone on the team has been wearing high socks for about a week and a half now as a result of superstition. Todd Jones only does it after the last out is recorded.

1997 | 2003

I'm pretty sure the starting pitcher picks the jersey for each game.  I think that is a tradition they started last year.

Wow, someone from Boca Raton?! Man, I practically lived there for 3 years.

I live relatively near there. I drive through it every day! Hell in high school I used to work at Mizner Park.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

My guess is they wore the greys (which have not been their "regular" road togs as of late) partly due to the fact that the sun is still pretty strong for the first 2-3 innings in St. Louis and we're having a pretty nasty heat wave - even by Miami standards. Even if it only makes 1-2 degrees difference, it's worth it to wear the lighter color.

You'd think logic like this would win out, but the last time the Marlins came to Philadelphia, it was 96 degrees at 7p gametime, and 95% humidity. And no wind. Easily the most unbearable day of a brutal heat wave here. And the Marlins wore black because their Double-A call-up wanted to wear black.

Without arguine semantics too much, GRAY is the primary color for all MLB teams except the Padres. The fact that teams like the Cubs and Marlins opt to wear their alternates for almost every game does not change how the uniforms are officially designated at the start of the year. I'd rather see MLB step in and limit the use of alternates. They're called alternates for a reason - to be another option, not to be the primary uniform...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I might have a fuzzy memory, but didn't the Marlins once include teal in their color scheme? :D

Nope, never happened.

Frankly, they started out with TOO much teal (I don't miss the teal hats or the teal alts) but i really, really, really hate how they've ditched it almost completely now.

PS.

:shocked:

ccarr.jpg

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Archived