Badgers throwbacks

DrBear

From the University of Wisconsin:

"? For the opening game, the Badgers will wear throwback jerseys that are replicas of those worn during the 1960s, the last time a major construction project was completed at Camp Randall, when the second deck was added to the west side. A complete throwback uniform package ? the helmet, jersey, pants, socks and shoes ? actually worn by UW players in the season opener vs. Bowling Green -- will be put up for auction on www.uwbadgers.com. Bidding for these uniform packages will begin August 3 and conclude the week of Sept. 19."

It's not clear but on this page, it appears they will go the whole deal ? including the famous helmets with the W on the front and back and numbers on the sides. One can always hope, anyway.

(The jerseys are your basic cardinal red with one white sleeve stripe and a white stripe on the collar. Unfortunately, they also have the adidas logo front-and-center.)

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was gonna bid, but they all start at $250. Too much for me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Those helmets will be cool, but once Omar Jacobs and the BGSU Falcons get to Camp Randall it wont be throwback but thrown by day, because Omar will tear that Secondary up.

Whatever. Once Brian Calhoun gets going on the ground its gonna be like the Badger teams of old. DOMINANT!

Maybe you guys are remembering these from a different era, or they represent something to you.

I don't know the first thing about college football, so to me, they look very bland.

The W on the front of the helmet looks like The Waterboy painted it there, and prominant adidas logo on the front tells me these are new jerseys, so why are they so boring?

This looks like a made version of some of the MS Paint concepts in the Concepts thread that the talented designers complain about.

But that's just me, and as I said, college football is not my thing.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Maybe you guys are remembering these from a different era, or they represent something to you.

I don't know the first thing about college football, so to me, they look very bland.

The W on the front of the helmet looks like The Waterboy painted it there, and prominant adidas logo on the front tells me these are new jerseys, so why are they so boring?

This looks like a made version of some of the MS Paint concepts in the Concepts thread that the talented designers complain about.

But that's just me, and as I said, college football is not my thing.

They represent history in the University of Wisconsin Football program. In the sixties not many uniforms were flashy. I think these area solid. You may think they are boring but with uniforms Nike has put out the past couple of years I like these.

As a Bowling Green fan making the trip to Mad-town I was dissappointed to here Wisconsin will not be outfitting the Falcons in throwback uniforms. 1962 was a good year for BG as well, as we were M.A.C. champsions.

Too bad Wisconsin is too cheap to outfit us!! (I only say that because last season when Kent State opened at Iowa the hawkeyes paid for Kent to have throwback uniforms as well. . . )

fade.gif

Those helmet are better than the ones they normally use.

Those helmets would be rediculous now.

I happen to think UW has the best helmets in the country.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived