My Vegas All Star 07 logo

Conrad.

LOVE the overall design. Very Vega$.

Not crazy about the Macintosh-style lettering for "LAS VEGAS" and "2007". And the smaller white circles are placed eccentrically in the larger blue circles more often than they're not.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It's a good idea, but a little busy for a logo, especially with all the border lights. The alt is pretty nice.

If you don't mind sharing, what fonts were used for Las Vegas and All Star?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

hey thx for the input...yea about the mac-text, im new to my iBook and i just liked what i saw when i came to the Silom font (the "all-star" font is rosewood somethin) What do u suggest i do about the busy look of the logo? What should i do with the border lights?

thx for any help! :)

hey thx for the input...yea about the mac-text, im new to my iBook and i just liked what i saw when i came to the Silom font (the "all-star" font is rosewood somethin) What do u suggest i do about the busy look of the logo? What should i do with the border lights?

thx for any help! :)

Maybe try to make it all one piece. By that I mean thicken the border of the "diamond" and work the "lights" into that, even if only as white circles. Also, maybe increase the size of "all star", and remove the detail from inside the letters. Either solid color or a split may work better.

Now that I think of it, maybe shrink the diamond and las vegas proportionally, so that the A and R of All Star overlaps the edge a bit. That with the thicker border may help clean it up and make it suitable to be used as a patch or something.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

u should do somehting such as, saying "welcome to" like what the sign says when you enter las vegas. you would be kewl, if you get what i am saying lol. Overall i think it looks alot better now, it would be kewl if they used something like that, you should try and send it in ( dont know how lol ) cus that be really kewl in the all star game.

4kv29i.jpg

u should do somehting such as, saying "welcome to" like what the sign says when you enter las vegas. you would be kewl, if you get what i am saying lol.

I whole heatedly disagree....what this is is taking that sign and using its fame as a reference for an NBA logo and it works perfectly for the lack of a team. My only concern is the coloring in the sign is good but get rid of the yellow square, there is no team as host, but with the yellow and the distance to LA it looks as if the Lakers are the host team.

u should do somehting such as, saying "welcome to" like what the sign says when you enter las vegas. you would be kewl, if you get what i am saying lol.

I whole heatedly disagree....what this is is taking that sign and using its fame as a reference for an NBA logo and it works perfectly for the lack of a team. My only concern is the coloring in the sign is good but get rid of the yellow square, there is no team as host, but with the yellow and the distance to LA it looks as if the Lakers are the host team.

yea i agree cyan...i dont like the idea of "welcome to"...and yea the yellow might throw someone off about a host team...

thx everyone for the input...keep it comin :)

STOP RIGHT NOW!

This is spectacular. You easily get the reference to the Vegas sign, the lights look right, the wordmarks are proportional. Really nicely done!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Much better. And since if this was used as a logo you wouldn't have the yellow square (maybe it would be reduced to a thin outline for patches / court design) I wouldn't worry about the Lakers tie-in.

How come there's no reference to "Game" or "Weekend" in the logo (as in All-Star Game or All-Star Weekend)? I know there's precedent for it (the 05 Denver and 06 Houston logos come to mind), but it's always been something that's bothered me about the NBA's All-Star logos.

Still, it's a very solid design package overall. Best use of the Vegas sign yet...

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived