Weber State New Logo

footballfiji

Yes, I did read the article, I was just trying to be a little funny. Sorry to not have put a disclaimer in my previous post...but it screams for comedy, I mean look at it!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

What does that V mean or stand for on the back of Frenso State's helmets, I always wonderded that.

The "V" stands for the San Joaquin Valley. FSU is the only major football program in the Valley (it's over 250 miles long through the middle of California), and it's a way of letting the entire Valley know that they have a school that is playing for them, and not just greater Fresno.

Weber State's new logo looks like a railroad spike. Like the one that Harold "Friggin'" Arceneaux drove through my heart a few years back... :mad:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

FSU is the only major football program in the Valley (it's over 250 miles long through the middle of California),

Is Fresno State now officially abbreviated as FSU? I've always known the official name to be CSU-Fresno, but have they changed it?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

FSU is the only major football program in the Valley (it's over 250 miles long through the middle of California),

Is Fresno State now officially abbreviated as FSU? I've always known the official name to be CSU-Fresno, but have they changed it?

No. They don't go by Fresno State University or FSU, just Fresno State. They are technically California State University Fresno

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

Weber State's new logo looks like a railroad spike. Like the one that Harold "Friggin'" Arceneaux drove through my heart a few years back... :mad:

That's because it IS a railroad spike, you knucklehead.

Seriously, did the guys at Weber State get really lazy here? Next time you get a logo, make sure it's something that has to do with your stinking nickname!

No. They don't go by Fresno State University or FSU, just Fresno State. They are technically California State University Fresno

Interesting. I had no idea about the correct CSU-Fresno name.

But what does ESPN use as the abbreviation during football and basketball games for the score box graphics? "FRES"? "CSF"? I honestly can't remember.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Interesting. I had no idea about the correct CSU-Fresno name.

But what does ESPN use as the abbreviation during football and basketball games for the score box graphics? "FRES"? "CSF"? I honestly can't remember.

FRES = Fresno State

CSF = Cal State Fullerton

Seriously, did the guys at Weber State get really lazy here? Next time you get a logo, make sure it's something that has to do with your stinking nickname!

THIS LOGO IS NOT MEANT TO BE THEIR MAIN LOGO!!! THEY ARE KEEPING THE SAME LOGO ON THE SIDES OF THE HELMET!! THIS LOGO GOES ON THE BACK, LIKE THE "V" ON FRESNO STATE'S TO REPRESENT THEIR REGION. READ THE ARTICLE BEFORE YOU CRITISIZE!!

THIS LOGO IS NOT MEANT TO BE THEIR MAIN LOGO!!! THEY ARE KEEPING THE SAME LOGO ON THE SIDES OF THE HELMET!! THIS LOGO GOES ON THE BACK, LIKE THE "V" ON FRESNO STATE'S TO REPRESENT THEIR REGION. READ THE ARTICLE BEFORE YOU CRITISIZE!!

dude...caps lock is your friend...seriously..

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

QUOTE (NMLSooner @ Wednesday, August 10th, 2005 - 16:38:22)

dude...caps lock is your friend...seriously..

Thanks for the intervention. As I look back on that time in my life, I can now see, I was out of control. :blink:

Archived