The Molina Jersey Conundrum

hhfranks

We had both "E. Martinez" and "T. Martinez" in Seattle, at least for a short time. I do remember there being discussion on the Griffey's and adding the Jr./Sr., and I think Jr. got added for like, one season. Sadly, I don't have photos to back that up.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

The same situation occurs on the Braves where Chipper Jones' uni sports just "JONES" whereas Andruw Jones wears "A. JONES". That is due to the fact Larry arrived in Atlanta before Andruw.

This season, Andruw dropped the "A." from his jersey. Both now read simply "JONES"

This situation happened in the NBA too.

Isiah Thomas had a Pistons jersey that had "ISIAH" above "THOMAS," with the first name in a smaller typeface.

pis87h11a.jpg

VandyDelphia Mike would no doubt also remember the Flyers' Ron and Rich Sutter, who not only had both their first names, but wore #14 and #15, because they weren't hard enough to tell apart. But they put the first name to the left of the last name.

The only other time I saw a team do what the Pistons did with Isiah Thomas were the late '70s LA Rams, when they had two Youngbloods. One was Jack Youngblood (I can't remember the other one), and "JACK" was crammed between his last name and his collar. All but lost by the neck roll.

EDIT: Big thanks, oz. That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. I knew someone here knew. Was he the same Joel Youngblood that played baseball at about the same time?

EDIT #2: Big thanks, Brick. Guess it wasn't the same Joel Youngblood if it wasn't, in fact, Joel Youngblood.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The same situation occurs on the Braves where Chipper Jones' uni sports just "JONES" whereas Andruw Jones wears "A. JONES".  That is due to the fact Larry arrived in Atlanta before Andruw.

This season, Andruw dropped the "A." from his jersey. Both now read simply "JONES"

Pictures from the 2005 season:

8QSKdCG.png

The only other time I saw a team do what the Pistons did with Isiah Thomas were the late '70s LA Rams, when they had two Youngbloods. One was Jack Youngblood (I can't remember the other one), and "JACK" was crammed between his last name and his collar. All but lost by the neck roll.

thaw would be "JOEL" vitamind

The only other time I saw a team do what the Pistons did with Isiah Thomas were the late '70s LA Rams, when they had two Youngbloods.  One was Jack Youngblood (I can't remember the other one), and "JACK" was crammed between his last name and his collar.  All but lost by the neck roll.

thaw would be "JOEL" vitamind

The other Youngblood was Jim, not Joel. Joel played for five National League teams, mostly the Mets and the Giants.

Chad Cordero and Will Cordero both had initials on their jerseys. Now that Wil Cordero has been released, I don't know if Chad has dropped his initial.

I always thought that Chipper and Andruw Jones should be referred to collectively as Cajones.

It was interesting when Rickey Henderson was trade back to the A's in 1989, many thought including the announcers the day of the trade said that centerfielder Dave Henderson would add the " D. " But yet the team didn't so in left field you had Henderson #24, and Henderson #42. Go figure if its you're a casual fan watching the game.

Speaking of which, I wonder if its pure coincidence that Will Clark of the Giants wore #22, the same number Jack Clark wore and the team didn't want to produce a new jersey.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Chad Cordero and Will Cordero both had initials on their jerseys. Now that Wil Cordero has been released, I don't know if Chad has dropped his initial.

Watched the Phillies and Nationals tonight, and Chad Cordero still had the first initial C on the back of his road jersey.

It basically makes the Nationals' closer's jersey look like its producer had a stuttering problem ...

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Didnt the Orioles have "F.Robinson" and "B.Robinson" when they were both playing there? Not that there was any trouble telling the two apart. :D

Yes, they did have F. Robinson & B. Robinson.

It basically makes the Nationals' closer's jersey look like its producer had a stuttering problem ...

Its wearer has a falling-on-his-face problem. Remember that game against the Angels?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived