FedEx Kinkos

bhambruiser

wow didn't know so many people would be interested in my mindless rant...oh wait i guess they weren't considering that is no longer the point...

anyway i need to recant this whole post- I called to check on my order and first they put me on hold for 15 minutes (no lie) and then they finally say - you're file was corrupt, resend it- agh!!! it isn't a complicated document - it is simply Microsoft Word. for the love.

anyway all is well now...maybe i should have gone with the other place

Files being corrupt is no big deal. Happens all the time. Word isn't the best format for larger documents anyway. A PDF would've been better.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

i don't know what these guys are talking about.

kinko's was a cool job until i transferred to the greenville location.

i was on a great track in detroit, technology/design manager of my branch...was being groomed for a regional position. then i made the choice to transfer to greenville and butted heads with my manager (who had less than a year of experience in the business, compared to my 6). so much that i was demoted on december 23, 2002...not only 2 days before christmas, but less than two months before my son was born. eventually, i quit kinko's, had a couple crappy jobs, and am now the designer for the greenville alphagraphics, making more than i did at kinko's with more creative freedom and bosses that appreciate my skills.

i don't know why, but i felt i had to say that.

Archived