Another Astros-esque team?

totc

In this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

it appears another baseball team which appears to have joined the likes of Loyola (La.), Louisiana Tech, and Seton Hall (plus innumerable company softball teams across America) in being outfitted with UltraStripe jerseys from SandKnit.

Do you think this is an old University of Denver Pioneers college jersey (rather than being from Ventura)? Thoughts, anyone?

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As far as the Charlies version goes, the bottom half of it is the darkest blue on the uniform. The shoulders were actually gold on the version my stepdad owns, with CHARLIES in blue capital letters above the stripes and the Charlies' baseball head smoking a cigar logo approximately where the Astros' blue star was. Only the top half has the stripes, approximately the same pattern as seen on the shoulders above, but thicker stripes. It's a beauty. Also the number on the back is blue inside a gold circle. It's something else, believe me.

EDIT: Spelling

I own one of those Charlies jerseys. I'd love to post a picture of it but I have no idea how to add photos to these posts... Anyway, the best part is the Charlies' logo on the guts of the jersey. It's a baseball wearing a fedora, smoking a cigar. The story goes that the daily paper in Charleston used to have the logo on the front page banner. If the Charlies would win, the baseball would be smiling and the cigar would be up. If they lost, he'd frown and the cigar would be down.

But yes, it's circa 1975 and the number on the back is yellow inside a light blue circle.

I own one of those Charlies jerseys. I'd love to post a picture of it but I have no idea how to add photos to these posts... Anyway, the best part is the Charlies' logo on the guts of the jersey. It's a baseball wearing a fedora, smoking a cigar. The story goes that the daily paper in Charleston used to have the logo on the front page banner. If the Charlies would win, the baseball would be smiling and the cigar would be up. If they lost, he'd frown and the cigar would be down.

But yes, it's circa 1975 and the number on the back is yellow inside a light blue circle.

First you need a good host, like Flickr. I think Yahoo Geocities is finally allowing direct linkage after years of resistance.

Anyhow, the TCMA cards seem to show that the Charlies' jersey lettering was yellow instead of blue. Did the uniform supplier change that over a period of time?

The Charlies jersey I have has the same color lettering as the Wilbur Howard card. What's neat about the jersey I have is that it's tagged as being made right there in Charleston. I don't have the jersey in front of me so I can't recall the supplier.

Apparently, the Dubuque uniforms were various blue bands across the chest, like early 80s Seton Hall:

B00028U06Y.01-A2Q41P19X5JJI._SCTZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The screened "PACKERS" lettering and the number on front (and, I guess, back) are red. I remember seeing one of these on eBay a few years ago.

We had that exact style of uniform on the team I played for in Colt league (or whatever it was called). It was in the 80's but we still thought they were gaudy. Sewn onto the back of the jersey was a huge blue dot with a white number :o . I guess there was no other non-cheap way to get the numbers on.

LT

As far as the Charlies version goes, the bottom half of it is the darkest blue on the uniform. The shoulders were actually gold on the version my stepdad owns, with CHARLIES in blue capital letters above the stripes and the Charlies' baseball head smoking a cigar logo approximately where the Astros' blue star was. Only the top half has the stripes, approximately the same pattern as seen on the shoulders above, but thicker stripes. It's a beauty. Also the number on the back is blue inside a gold circle. It's something else, believe me.

Found one on Ebay.

Charlies Jersey and pants

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Archived