NHL vintage jersey program

lowey

why not bring back the original uniforms, which are much nicer than the red and black (black hawks rip-off).

No No No, please. Those green and reds were horrendous; they looked like Christmas ornaments. The current color scheme is much more presentable.

Not to mention there is more tradition with the current Devs uniforms. They have won 3 Stanley Cups in the current uniforms while in the old uniforms they were mostly a team that lost. You will never see the Devils wear green again.

personally, i would like to see the buffalo dust off the uni's the had when dominic hasek was on the sabres.http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?l_id=1&t_id=4&logo=230

You mean the same sweater they wear right now?

? He's linking to the blue and yellows, not the black and reds.

i think what he meant by his comments were that hasek actually wore the black and red... and had most of his success in black and red, and not the blue and yellow.

of all the sabres greats of the past, including the french connection, you'd think he could have come up with a better example as to players that wore the blue and yellow than hasek :)

I'd love to see the vintage North Stars, Sabres, Devils, Capitals, and Nordiques all make an appearance, but can anyone tell me why I can't find vintage Whalers jerseys anywhere? Someone mentioned legalities....what exactly is restricting the sale of them?

champs1wg.png

untitled2.jpg

untitled.jpg

I'd love to see the vintage North Stars, Sabres, Devils, Capitals, and Nordiques all make an appearance, but can anyone tell me why I can't find vintage Whalers jerseys anywhere?  Someone mentioned legalities....what exactly is restricting the sale of them?

I think it's because part of the deal allowing the Whalers to move to Carolina required the City of Hartford or State of Connecticut (I'm not sure which) maintaining all rights to the name and logo(s) of the Hartford Whalers, therefore the NHL can never make any vintage Whalers jerseys.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

1970's St. Louis Blues :woot:

0039.jpg

You mean like they wore in 2003-04 in games like these?

(And if you can read Czech, even better!)

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

• 2 weeks later...
You mean like they wore in 2003-04 in games like these?

Very close, but not exactly. The ones they wore in 03-04 were from the 80-81 season. They are basically the same as the 70's with some slight differences. However, the big mistake they made was wearing the 03-04 navy blue pants, helmet, and gloves with the 80-81 jerseys and socks. It really ruined the whole concept and look.

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived