Fargo bobcats fantasy logo concept

nitroseed

My first contribution to you all in over a month and a half! This logo is for josh_j182, as stated in the topic. This is for the Fargo Bobcats, and could also double for a Charlotte Bobcats concept if you like. Here it is:

bobcats.gif

Feedback and comments are welcome, as always. :D

Nicely done.  It captures an action shot very well, and also rides the thin line between cartoon and and actual photo of a bobcat.  I like the color choice too (so long as that is a dark blue and not a black.  I can't really find anything to critisize.  I mean it doesn't really need a body.

Nitro, what can I say? PHENOMENAL work... as usual. Ah, if only the Charlotte Bobcats had availed themselves of your talents. Terrific composition, great color palette and, as Shiznit said, it perfectly marries the best of both the photorealistic and cartoon-like traditions of sports logo design.

Keep up the GREAT work!

BTW... did anything come of the Neohatch lead?

Brian in Boston

Nitro, I know you like to protect your work by keeping your AI files. However, I'm running the CFA (the league he is in) website, and I have just about all the logos in vector format. Do you think you could send me this one? You have my assurance it will only be in my possession, and whenever credit is deemed necessary, it will always go to you.

circusmidget02 at yahoo dot com

Nitro - nice work as always.

It's funny, the space that is inside the mouth draws the eye, so it's almost like you are getting eaten by the beast. Perhaps that is just me.

But on the serious side, Nitro, I know you are "between jobs" right now, if you are up for it, PM or email me. I think that if the colors on this were changed to their current colors (dark blue and gold), I could approach Montana State University with this logo. Their current one sucks (I think it's just a stock/clipart) and I have contacts in the athletic department. We've talked about pitching them a new logo along with the new website we've already pitched.

Let me know if you'd be interested.

Very Nice work as always.

As Sterling84 said "Before I critique it, I would like the artist and the board in general to realize that the closer you are to perfect, the more the corrections present themselves."

My only critique is in the eye and nose region.  The nose seems a bit far over, almost slanted to teh left and the eye looks a bit flat.  Other than that great work.

Simply amazing Nitro. One or two comments:

The eye looks like it belongs on a more profile-type view... and perhaps the suggestion of a second ear would add some dimension. The Jaguars-esque fangs are ferocious and cool. The wordmark looks classy and unique, and suits the logo.

Well done.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Nitro,

I love your work.  Period.  You inspire me.  I give you this preface because like the San Diego Bluesharks...I saw potential in this idea.  

Please don't be angry or offended that I ran with this...all changes are your property...I am not horning in on anything.  But your work was so good, but like whchoclte said...there were some things buggin me and they do stand out like a sore thumb when something is so solid.

I've attached slight mods to your work...in your colors, my colors, and Montana State's colors.  

I tell ya what...take these or leave them...but if you ever want to collaberate on anything....just ask man.. You're wicked.

My issues were with the eye, the nose perspective and some of the striping detail seemed a little overkill and didn't help the viewer make the bobcat connection.  I also rounded the ear off letting the dk blue outline function as the ear tufts.

ANyway, here it is.

http://www.north18.com/images/bobcats.gif

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Sterling, I really like some of the things you've done with it, particularly the eye. The only problem I have with the white and some of the shapes (like the dark part around the eye) is that it's beginning to look more like a tiger than a bobcat. I'm going to incorporate some of your improvements to it and put it up tomorrow. I need to get some sleep at the moment, however! Nice work, my friend!

Forgot to include one with Montana's colors..and no white.

I understand the need to reduce white because of species confusion...

People get confused and assume everything is tiger or lion.

Plus, adding spots would be tough to pull off effectively too.

http://www.north18.com/images/bobcats2.gif

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

*shakes head* You are everything I will never be, Nitro.  Very great.

The -only- thing I can see is that the bar on the A looks like it's going the wrong direction, given the arching.  That's it.  The only picked nit.  Otherwise, it's fantastic.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived