Alaska Emperors

Chief.

well that is a cool design, the penguin could use a body, but...

EMPORER PENGUINS ONLY LIVE IN THE SOUTH POLE!!!! :P:P:P

its okay, just change the name to antarctica! ^_^

Well they don't live in Pittsburgh either!

But there's less chance of confusion that way (with Pittsburgh I mean)

I'm not crazy about the yellow cap--it just seems a bit garish and loud--but the rest looks good, although I might tone down the yellow a bit on the yellow jersey

(and although I know some here will vehemently disagree)--I'd like to see that yellow one with black pants...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I really like these, with only the following comments/suggestions:

1. LETTERING should be the same height on the home and road jerseys. The "EMPORERS" looks too tall on the home jersey, especially next to the "ALASKA".

2. STRIPING would look better on the roads without the thick white stripe on the gray body. And the pants striping are a little thick for baseball, but I don't mind them all that much.

3. NUMBERING would be far sharper if the homes had black jersey (outlined as you see fit); given your color palette, you may want to consider black numbers on the roads as well (white embroidery on gray just never looks right to me).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

well that is a cool design, the penguin could use a body, but...

EMPORER PENGUINS ONLY LIVE IN THE SOUTH POLE!!!!  :P  :P  :P

its okay, just change the name to antarctica!  ^_^

Well they don't live in Pittsburgh either!

But there's less chance of confusion that way (with Pittsburgh I mean)

I'm not crazy about the yellow cap--it just seems a bit garish and loud--but the rest looks good, although I might tone down the yellow a bit on the yellow jersey

(and although I know some here will vehemently disagree)--I'd like to see that yellow one with black pants...

I figured it had something to do with the Alaskan Independence Party winning control of the Governor's mansion, and the state senate & house. :D

I like the idea behind this, but I think the wordmark needs to be something more powerful and bold.

Better!

More legible, which is always nice.

I'd like to ditch the white stripes on the gray uniform - it just doesn't look right as the dominant stripe color on gray jerseys. And I liked the original striping on the home whites.

I'd still make the "EMPORERS" and "ALASKA" the same height, because it looks inconsistent as it is now. And the stripes are still too wide IMO on the pants.

But this is still a very nice concept. Very well done.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I love the name. Flat out, I'm a fan. However, I'm not feeling the concept as a whole. The wordmark font doesn't say Alaska or Emperors to me. The number doesn't do it for me either. Overall, the home and away unis are good, with the exception of the font of course. Maybe keep the black hat for everything. The yellow alt isn't a good idea, in my opinion. This is a great concept but I think the font is doing more harm than good.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived