Since were on the topic of hats

FiddySicks

Saw a guy on the Metro wearing a Skins cap last week. I wanted to take it off his head and smack him with it, but he was alot bigger than me. Anyway, they are terribly ugly, which means they must be a Reebok cap.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

No. No, no, no. No, no, no, no, no! Now while I'm a fan of solid color caps with just a logo on the front, I'm all in favor of creative design. But why the need to have multiple versions of the same logo on the same cap? Why have slices of logos on caps? The cap gets way too cluttered, and uglier by the thread! I'm also not a fan of the helmet caps, but at least it's simple and (comparitively) understated.

Now, I would never say that anyone who wears one of these caps is a giant douche. But they are. (j/k, no flames please)

I see the design element working with the Cards, Eagles, and Seahawks. But with the rest of them, it just looks a mess.

And what the fluff is with the dog logo on the Browns cap? Isn't that the failed "Dawg Pound" logo they tried slapping in the end zone a few seasons ago? I demand a prompt return of the <=B=>.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I see the design element working with the Cards, Eagles, and Seahawks. But with the rest of them, it just looks a mess.

And what the fluff is with the dog logo on the Browns cap? Isn't that the failed "Dawg Pound" logo they tried slapping in the end zone a few seasons ago? I demand a prompt return of the <=B=>.

The <=B=> has been retired.

But you're right, a logo depicting the unofficial logo of a group of fans that support the team does NOT belong on official team merchandise. Why the Browns haven't put a stop to this nonsense is beyond me - the bulldog has zero to do with the team, other than it is a self-imposed nickname glorifying the people in the stands at their games. What's next? An Eagles hat with a fat drunk guy from the 700 level at Vet Stadium would make an interesting hat, right?

Oh, and any time an opinion of merchandise begins with:

Not as bad as the Slot machine hats if you ask me

You have to assume there's nobody home at NFL Merchandising. But who's buying this trash? I haven't bought a new Eagles hat in 5 years because they're such poor designs.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

But you're right, a logo depicting the unofficial logo of a group of fans that support the team does NOT belong on official team merchandise. Why the Browns haven't put a stop to this nonsense is beyond me - the bulldog has zero to do with the team, other than it is a self-imposed nickname glorifying the people in the stands at their games. What's next? An Eagles hat with a fat drunk guy from the 700 level at Vet Stadium would make an interesting hat, right?

A Packer cap with a block of cheese! I would think that's cool, wouldn't buy it, but it'd be cool.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived