OSU Pant Change?

Michigan Dave

Fuzzy memory of late 80s/early 90s OSU football on TV...

Were the home uni's TV numbers black at one point?  I could swear I remember seeing that at some point.  The numbers were definitely Champion-style.

I remember that, too. I think it was during the Orlando Pace years?

Weren't the Orlando Pace years quite similar to the Eddie George years?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Fuzzy memory of late 80s/early 90s OSU football on TV...

Were the home uni's TV numbers black at one point?  I could swear I remember seeing that at some point.  The numbers were definitely Champion-style.

I remember that, too. I think it was during the Orlando Pace years?

During 93, to commeorate the 25 yr anniversary of the 1968 National Championship, the team wore the black numbers on the sleeves, not the shoulders, just as the 1968 team did.

Im not sure why they did this back in 68, but they did and the 93 team honored them by doing the same.

Again, not sure why the helmets have to match the pants exactly?? Why?? They went mismatched with the pants and helmets for years and years. Thats not going to change now.

Ohio State has the best uniforms in all of football, on any level. They are classy, subdued and classic for the old schoolers. They are also flashy, new-school and hip for the kids. They have it all. They are perfect and should never be messed with, in anyway.

Maybe Im biased, I dont know......

OH! - IO!

I get to make my first trip to the Horseshoe in November for the Illinois game. Looking forward to it in a major way...

Good for you! I hope you enjoy the experience. If you aren't an Illinois fan make sure you wear something red errr... scarlet or you could be mistaken for an opposing combatant and that might get a little tough on your ears. TBDBITL! GO BUCKS! :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Good for you! I hope you enjoy the experience. If you aren't an Illinois fan make sure you wear something red errr... scarlet or you could be mistaken for an opposing combatant and that might get a little tough on your ears. TBDBITL! GO BUCKS! :D

Illinois fan? With apologies to PC, HELL NO! (UNC 75, ILLINOIS 70!!!)

A friend of my wife's started grad school at OSU. The tickets are through a friend of the family, and they're apparently pretty decent. We're definitely wearing scarlet. There's no orange in my clothes, trust me!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

There's no orange in my clothes, trust me!

What about that Forsberg jersey you'll soon be getting...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The reason the old teams didn't have shiny pants is because there wasn't really the technology to make it happen. A lot has happened in the textile industry since the 60s, people.

I can't believe there are people that are applauding the change from something with uniformity and consistancy to something that does not.

Then again, if people like you didn't exist and everyone had good taste in visuals, people like me wouldn't get paid to design for a living...

There's no orange in my clothes, trust me!

What about that Forsberg jersey you'll soon be getting...

:P Well played, BBTV. Like the Flyers have done, I'll probably keep the orange to a minimum with my new Flyers jersey (although I have a Gagne I can wear, and hope he gets a long-term deal soon), but it wouldn't be by my choice. But if I wore my Flyers jersey at the OSU game, people might mistake me for a Bowling Green fan (do they still have those awful knockoff jerseys?), so it's staying back home.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived