OSU Pant Change?

Michigan Dave

I was reading buckeyecommentary.com, and in his game analysis he mentions OSU moving from the shiny, lycra pants to a dull pant material. I didn't see the OSU game, so I didn't see the pants up close. Here's a pic that seems to substantiate dude's claim, the left being last season, and right this season. Both players face the sun.

page1_13.jpg

spikes.jpg

Good for OSU. I wish that every team would abandon the shiny pants.

I agree, except for gold pants. They look better shiny.

And with that being said, the Cowboys would look a little bit better if they had dull pants.

Dull silver is GRAY. OSU's colors are red and silver. The shiny pants ought to stay for teams whose colors are metallic (gold, silver, copper, platinum, pewter... aluminum). The ones that look worse are the flat colors that have been shined up (shiny red, shiny blue, etc.).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Aren't OSU's actual colors Scarlet and Grey?

Regardless, I like the silver better. The dull grey isn't bad though. The biggest problem I have with it though is that the silver matched the silver helmet. Find a way to make the helmet a dull grey too if your gonna lose the shine on the pants.

Also, I don't think the dullness always looks bad for non metalic colors. For instance, yesterday I was noticing how I thought Kentucky should have had shiny blue pants, not dull ones (and that surprised me, because I previously thought I leaned towards dull).

I believe the shiny pants that used to bother me most was the Arizona Cardinals old red pants. I haven't specifically noticed the material with the new look, but I suspect it's shiny, and I think that now looks fine.

Dull silver is GRAY.  OSU's colors are red and silver.  The shiny pants ought to stay for teams whose colors are metallic (gold, silver, copper, platinum, pewter... aluminum).  The ones that look worse are the flat colors that have been shined up (shiny red, shiny blue, etc.).

Actually, the colors of the Ohio State University are SCARLET and GRAY. With that said, I like the shiny pants much better because they match the metallic helmet, though these are not bad. I miss big TV numbers, too.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Another vote for the shiny pants/shiny helmet combo. Why go from matching to not matching? Though I still don't like those damn buckeyes... :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Kinda off topic, but didn't the Buckeyes shrink the size of their TV numbers in the off season too?  I wanna say I heard somewhere that they did.

No, they did that in 98. They used to be HUGE.

they were huge and they were awesome.

look at Eddie George

offensive6.jpg

those were amazing

I like these gray pants better and when I was watching the game that was the first thing I noticed.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Kinda off topic, but didn't the Buckeyes shrink the size of their TV numbers in the off season too?  I wanna say I heard somewhere that they did.

look at Eddie George

offensive6.jpg

those were amazing

I like these gray pants better and when I was watching the game that was the first thing I noticed.

The HUGE TV numbers were awsome. I dont know a Buckeye fan that didne love those things. Eddie G looks awsome in them in that pic.

The pants dont have to match the helmet. Why?? The Buckeyes wore the shiny helmets for decades with the dull pants. Who cares??

And yes, the official school colors are "Scarlet and Gray".

look at Eddie George

offensive6.jpg

those were amazing

The HUGE TV numbers were awsome. I dont know a Buckeye fan that didne love those things. Eddie G looks awsome in them in that pic.

The pants dont have to match the helmet. Why?? The Buckeyes wore the shiny helmets for decades with the dull pants. Who cares??

And yes, the official school colors are "Scarlet and Gray".

Those huge TV numbers were sweet.

spikes.jpg

Fuzzy memory of late 80s/early 90s OSU football on TV...

Were the home uni's TV numbers black at one point? I could swear I remember seeing that at some point. The numbers were definitely Champion-style.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Apologies to all the OSU folks out there, and thanks for pointing out my mistake. Scarlet and gray it is, so in the name of consistency, I'll vote for the gray pants. But that would mean altering one of the all-time classic helmets for the worse.

I get to make my first trip to the Horseshoe in November for the Illinois game. Looking forward to it in a major way...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived