Eskimos third jersey worn on Friday?

CoryB

And, of course, since I couldn't go to the game I get to wait until after it's over to see what they look like.  Some games shouldn't be blacked out - I though there was some leniancy in that rule, but I've never had a confirmation.

i've always wondered why do they blackout local games?

To encourage people to buy tickets and go see the games... :rolleyes:

I actually don't mind the yellow. The part that really bothers me is that they have the normal sleeve striping of the Eskimos' jerseys, but then for only the 3rds they have added the Texans-style shoulder stripe that half the CFL has. That shoulder stripe should not be on there.

And, of course, since I couldn't go to the game I get to wait until after it's over to see what they look like.  Some games shouldn't be blacked out - I though there was some leniancy in that rule, but I've never had a confirmation.

i've always wondered why do they blackout local games?

To encourage people to buy tickets and go see the games... :rolleyes:

I've always understood it that way, so more people will be encouraged togo to the games. I also thought there was a rule change, probable 10-15 years ago, that lifted the blackout for certain games. I'm not sure if it was a mistake, but TSN played a local game in July (can't remember which one).

As for the jersey, I'm still not liking it as much as I would like. I think it's the combination of yellow and green that doesn't look right. I only have a picture to go by, as I wasn't able to see them in action.

Archived