NFL coaches

mjrbaseball

Buffalo_Coach.gifGreen-Bay-Coach.gif

With either coach surrounded by people in his team's colours, surely this would be enough to signify the man leads the organisation on the field.

(And perhaps one of Tom Landry's hats)

ahhh I like that a whole lot more than the NFL everything look

Is it all that important what the coach wears?

It shouldn't matter if he wants to dress like Bill Belichek

or like Mike Nolan. Theres NO Difference!

No it doesn't matter. Nor does it matter what colors a team wears, it doesn't affect how they play.

But those are the kind of things we discuss here. It is the whole purpose of this board.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Is it all that important what the coach wears?

It shouldn't matter if he wants to dress like Bill Belichek

or like Mike Nolan. Theres NO Difference!

No it doesn't matter. Nor does it matter what colors a team wears, it doesn't affect how they play.

But those are the kind of things we discuss here. It is the whole purpose of this board.

I disagree.

The whole thing reminds of one of the stupidest questions ever asked at a Super Bowl press conference.

A guy asked Jimmy Johnson why his hair is always so neat.

His answer was that he represents the Dallas Cowboys. Everything about what he does has to be at the utmost level of professionalism.

He prepares his game plan, his players, his coaching team and himself as well as he can.

That includes looking as good as he can, as this is part of the professionalism he shows.

And when he shows it, as the leader, the rest of them follow him.

One of the best answers to the dumbest questions ever.

I think a suit shows that the man in charge is, in fact, in charge.

As the leader of a team, he sets the standard.

Or, they could just wear any old crap that the NFL Marketing people put out this season. Which will change next season. And the next, and the next.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

There should be four colors suit colors available for coaches. I think most every team uses one of these colors.

Khaki, for teams like the Vikings

Black, for teams like the Falcons

Navy, for teams like the Patriots

Hunter, for teams like the Jets

I think those could cover most any team.Maybe add grey as an option for those who do not fit within the above parameters.

Either that, or provide classy team apparel for coaches, like Jim Tressel's outfit. It looks very nice and understated, but it would look a whole lot better if he had some guts in his playcalling! Can you tell I'm bitter over the defeat? :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I really don't know if a coach needs to be in a suit to exude class. I believe they look more a part of the organization in the apparel they wear now.

With that said, the current attire could be more appropriate for the position the coach holds. No one would argue that Belicheck is a great coach (except maybe Browns fans). But the guy dresses like he is doing yard work. I think a business casual attire would be the way to go for coaches. The suit is overkill and dated, especially if a logo is on the front of the blazer.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

the NFL sucks for stupid things just like this. Let the guy wear a suit for crying out loud, a suit

of the color of his choice. If he decides to wear a team color tie, then so be it. Have a team sweater vest option (ditka, tressel) but make it the choice of the coach. I have never met anyone who's been influenced to buy a polo because they saw the coach wear it. There's enough

people on the sidelines wearing the garish stuff, the coach should at least stand out

as an authority figure. Maybe it would help some of these guys with discipline

if they actually looked the part.

I'm actually shocked at the resistance that the NFL put up to Mike Nolan. Looking back through old NFL Films shows, you see Tom Landry, Dan Reeves, Paul Brown and Hank Stram all wearing coats and ties (and fedoras). You don't have to go all the way to tophats and tails, but if these guys want to class up the sidelines, then why not let them? Besides, the NFL markets everything else they can possibly cram onto the TV screen, I can't imagine they'd let this opportunity to come out with a more dressy fashion line escape. Let them wear suits and ties, but make them NFL OFFICIALLY LICENSED!! suits and ties, and you'll have literally millions of men tripping over themselves to start dressing like their favorite coach. If they can do it for leaf-raking hoodies, they can do it for suits.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived