ESPN.com

bhambruiser

The ESPN-to-MTV comparison is true, but not 100%. At least ESPN still broadcasts sporting events. It's still committed to sports, and most of the "entertainment" type filler is shown during the day, when there aren't sporting events going on. All those opinion shows? Mostly between 4pm and 7pm. Or late night, after the 11pm SportsCenter.

ESPN still is committed to NCAA Cahmpionships, and that's great for the NCAA. You get to see the Frozen Four, Soccer, Volleyball, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, etc, because ESPN knows fans want to watch them.

I don't get ESPNU on my digital cable, so I don't know how good the coverage is of college sports on that channel. I do get CSTV, FoxCollegeSports Atlantic, Central, and Pacific. Four college networks. So there's plenty of football on TV on the weekends, and I'm curious to see the hockey coverage as well.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

ESPN.com needs to lay off the Insider bullplop and keep it real. 

"Keep it real."

What the hell does that even mean??!! :blink::wacko::rolleyes:

Are they supposed to have stories about athletes shooting passersby and dealing drugs down on the corner and reminiscing about their gang-banging days and how flabulous those times were and much they miss them and wish they could go back?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Um, news flash, sparky....DC was mocking ESPN, not defending it...but seeing you're probably the type that pulls on doors marked "PUSH", I'm sure the sarcasm in Curty's original post flew over your head like a 747...and after seeing your "response", I know it did...

Dude, did your mom sprinkle paint chips into your Cheerios instead of sugar when you were growing up?

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I don't get ESPNU on my digital cable, so I don't know how good the coverage is of college sports on that channel. I do get CSTV, FoxCollegeSports Atlantic, Central, and Pacific. Four college networks. So there's plenty of football on TV on the weekends, and I'm curious to see the hockey coverage as well.

I'm able to get ESPNU via Directv.and right now it's still to soon tell IMO.

The ESPN-to-MTV comparison is true, but not 100%. At least ESPN still broadcasts sporting events. It's still committed to sports, and most of the "entertainment" type filler is shown during the day, when there aren't sporting events going on. All those opinion shows? Mostly between 4pm and 7pm. Or late night, after the 11pm SportsCenter.

ESPN still is committed to NCAA Cahmpionships, and that's great for the NCAA. You get to see the Frozen Four, Soccer, Volleyball, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, etc, because ESPN knows fans want to watch them.

Yah, ESPN's got that serious deal with the NCAA...and they do a pretty good job with the coverage..especially the CWS, Women's hoop, and the Frozen Four...

Willing to bet that the regionals for the hockey tourney are probably gonna get farmed out to ESPN-U (just like they did for some of the CWS SuperRegionals)...

However, I do agree with the earlier claim that ESPN started going into the can once Disney bought them. Once they put on the Mickey Mouse ears, things started going downhill...and the same can be said of the other network Disney owns (ABC)...

FANTASY TEAMS

But it's important to realize where they've gone wrong.  To me it's easily trace-able to when Disney purchased them.  They became a "property" of the Crappiest Place on Earth. 

I blame Disney.  They've ruined everything else on earth.  Leave it to them to ruin sports 24-7.

Speaking for my brother who has started out working for Disney running the light show at the Japanese exhibit at Epcot Centre almost 20 years ago and is now President of Entertainment at Disneyland in California, go F*** yourself, using a shovel and some sand.

You obviously have not even the slightest clue about the relationship between ESPN and Disney. ESPN has been the biggest moneymaker for Disney since Disney acquired it, and it has been ESPN, NOT Disney who has called the shots in their relationship up to this point.

I bet you like to dress up in a clown suit and chainsaw puppies in half, don'tcha?

You probably delight in going up to kids during the holidays and telling them that there isn't really a Santa Claus.

I'd sure hate to be your kids. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I bet you like to dress up in a clown suit and chainsaw puppies in half, don'tcha?

I bet you go around message boards and your only posts are arguing with people.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I bet you go around message boards and your only posts are arguing with people.

Would it be too much to petition for a lifetime ban on this a-hole??

6uXNWAo.png

while were on the subject of ESPN bashing,i've got issues with ESPN classic,the network is basically drifting away from the "Classic" thing altogether.

college basketball...live

Golden Gloves finals...live.

the French Open...live.

Wimbeldon..live.

college football...live.

I think this is becoming more like ESPN3 then ESPN Classic. :mad:

Speaking for my brother who has started out working for Disney running the light show at the Japanese exhibit at Epcot Centre almost 20 years ago and is now President of Entertainment at Disneyland in California, go F*** yourself, using a shovel and some sand.

You obviously have not even the slightest clue about the relationship between ESPN and Disney. ESPN has been the biggest moneymaker for Disney since Disney acquired it, and it has been ESPN, NOT Disney who has called the shots in their relationship up to this point.

You probably delight in going up to kids during the holidays and telling them that there isn't really a Santa Claus.

I'd sure hate to be your kids. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ah, more brilliant insight....:rolleyes:

Wow...thanks for the family history there, but I think I can speak frankly for everyone here when I say, who gives a plop about your brother and what he does with Disney.

Another news flash....ANYONE with a brain can see that ESPN's shift from the sports stuff to "sports entertainment" co-incided with their acquisition by Disney. Maybe it was some of the marketing folks the Mouse Ears brought in to Bristol that caused this. Also note that ABC Sports general quality slipped in the same timeframe...quite a coincidence that they're also a part of the Disney family.

What ESPN needs is a good solid advarsary on the cable front (FSN tried and failed, mostly b/c they tried to go the Prime Sports/SportsChannel route...and that didn't work the first time)....that's why some of us sports fans are openly rooting for OLN and Comcast to get things going with that so that maybe, JUST MAYBE, the folks in Bristol will get their plop together and get back to what made ESPN so fluffing GREAT back in the day.

Of course, these salient points would be lost on an intellectually stunted individual like yourself.

Do the world a favor...don't breed.

FANTASY TEAMS

One of the many Nats bloggers has noted the death - figurative if not literal - of ESPN's Page 2.

http://thurdlsports.blogspot.com/

Page2's content has gone waaaaaaaaaaay downhill...especially since the passings of Ralph Wiley and Hunter S. Thompson.

The only thing worth reading there anymore, IMO, is Bill "The Sports Guy" Simmons and the occasional UniWatch.

FANTASY TEAMS

Archived