Pavel Bure

rmackman

What the heck happened to Pavel Bure? I mean I know he breaks down more often than a Pontiac but I hadn't heard if he retired. I noticed he wasn't on the Rangers roster. I wonder what the Russian Lemon (I mean Rocket) is doing these days? Not playing hockey? Not banging Anna Kournikova? Boy I bet he wishes it was 1999 again.

bure_keenan2.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• 1 month later...

I saw him play in the Tom Renney era in Vancouver. 1997 and 1998 seasons.

(Also the Mike Keenan era)

When he got the puck, the entire crowd was hushed as he raced his way down the ice. Then they'd cheer if he scored or Oohhhh if he missed.

He was electric.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Oh that was a wonderful trade for the Rangers in the Sather error, how many games did he play in NY?

Seeing the Rangers gave up a crappy defenseman for him, I'd say the trade worked out fine...neither the Panthers or Rangers prospered from it, so it's even.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived