New WHL Third Jerseys

OHLArenaGuide

Prince Albert and Kootenay have unveiled thirds, link at the WHLFans site:

http://whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=3119

i don't know if they wore them last season or not, but i've seen Kootenay's before, and Prince Albert's suck

Kootenay's has been around for at least 2 years. I don't think anyone in the Dub has a fantastic 3rd.

Well, I'm not from the WHL, I thought they were new.

No worries. I wouldn't be able to tell you any new jerseys in the O this year or even what half the logos look like. Ok, maybe the logos. ^_^

Love the Raiders 3rd, kinda indifferent to the Koot 3rd. Most of us on here could do better.

But speaking of new 3rd jerseys...

My Portland Winter Hawks are debuting a new 3rd jersey next Saturday. The black alt is going bye-bye for the year, and a special 30th Anniversary jersey will take it's place. <shudder>

OpeningNightAnimation.gif

What's interesting is that they're using a new slogan of "Welcome to Hawkeytown" over a panorama of the Portland skyline. Why does my gut want to tell me the trim is going to use the skyline and the phrase "Hawkeytown" will be used with the crest?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Love the Raiders 3rd, kinda indifferent to the Koot 3rd.  Most of us on here could do better.

My Portland Winter Hawks are debuting a new 3rd jersey next Saturday.  The black alt is going bye-bye for the year, and a special 30th Anniversary jersey will take it's place. <shudder>

What's interesting is that they're using a new slogan of "Welcome to Hawkeytown" over a panorama of the Portland skyline.  Why does my gut want to tell me the trim is going to use the skyline and the phrase "Hawkeytown" will be used with the crest?

How can they use the skyline and not have the Convention Center towers? I know they are across the bridge but if you are looking from the west towards the Garden, you can't miss 'em.

Your gut is telling you it's going to suck because it's Portland. What else would it be? ^_^

You're going to bring back pics, right?

Love the Raiders 3rd, kinda indifferent to the Koot 3rd.  Most of us on here could do better.

My Portland Winter Hawks are debuting a new 3rd jersey next Saturday.  The black alt is going bye-bye for the year, and a special 30th Anniversary jersey will take it's place. <shudder>

What's interesting is that they're using a new slogan of "Welcome to Hawkeytown" over a panorama of the Portland skyline.  Why does my gut want to tell me the trim is going to use the skyline and the phrase "Hawkeytown" will be used with the crest?

How can they use the skyline and not have the Convention Center towers? I know they are across the bridge but if you are looking from the west towards the Garden, you can't miss 'em.

Your gut is telling you it's going to suck because it's Portland. What else would it be? ^_^

I was thinking that trapezoidal shape on the left was part of the Convention Center, but maybe it's part of one of the bridges. I dunno... But you are right my friend, they should be in there somewhere.

My gut is telling me it's going to suck because it was probably a rejected T-Birds 3rd jersey design. :P And yes, if I remember my digital camera, I will take pics. I'll be right behind the Hawks bench, so I should have some good angles.

I was thinking that trapezoidal shape on the left was part of the Convention Center, but maybe it's part of one of the bridges. I dunno... But you are right my friend, they should be in there somewhere.

My gut is telling me it's going to suck because it was probably a rejected T-Birds 3rd jersey design. :P And yes, if I remember my digital camera, I will take pics. I'll be right behind the Hawks bench, so I should have some good angles.

I'll be sure to take pics the same night up here just so you can see what a banner raising looks like. It's been, what, 7-8 years now? :D

By the way, pm me sometime. I've already made my plans for NYE.

• 2 weeks later...

Ohh no no no.

05jersey1.gif

Ohh no no no.

05jersey1.gif

those arent that bad, id wear one :)

As a Hawks fan i gotta say I dont mind them...they could have come out way worse. I do miss the 25th season jerseys with the feathers...those were pretty sick...I wouldnt have minded getting one of those if they were $125 a shot. Overall, not too bad, i was expecting some thing that tried to be "vintage" for 30 years. I like how they made that logo out of the outline of the Winter Hawk head...I missed that at first, but thats pretty cool.

SEAsig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Okay... It's taken me way too long to reply to this, but...

I was at the game. I was pleased. I was kinda right in my prediction! :P

Seriously, I think these are pretty nice. Maybe not as nice as the Lewiston alts, but cool nevertheless. But the thing is that these look better in person than in pics. That being said, here are some pics I took at the game...

pwh301.gif

pwh302.gif

My favorite pic is pretty big (I have cable, but I'm still lookin' out for you 56k-ers) so if you want to see it, click here.

The Dub still puts referee names on the back of uniforms? Strange... neither the O or Q do.

Oh yes, we still put names on the back. You see, we're kinder and gentler out here in the dub. Instead of yelling "What kind of call was that?!?!", we like to be personal and yell "What kind of call was that, Nissen?!?!" :D

Names on the ref sweaters? Awesome.

Those Portland jerseys? Awful. Simply awful. They'd be marginally better if they didn't use big block letters/numbers, and used something that fit better, like the Sabres' set (which is what the "Portland" along the hem reminds me of, even if they aren't the same).

Oh, yeah, and the Kootenay and Prince Albert 3rds? Those are even worse.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

As a heads-up, the Lethbridge Hurricanes will be unveiling their 3rds at the end of the month (think: 2 weeks). There are no rumours abounding suggesting what they'll look like, but given their current design, they should be decent.....compared to Portland's. :D

LethbridgeHurricanes_theoverstTest.jpg

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived