Payton signs with Heat

gashouser27

The Heat signed Payton which makes me wonder how they can pay and/or play all these guys. Van Gundy will have his hands full

So the Heat could have 4 future HOF players on the court at the same time (maybe Wade is a stretch).

Has anyone else ever done that?

celtics? - Bird, McHale, Parrish

lakers? - O'Neal, Malone, Bryant

The Heat signed Payton which makes me wonder how they can pay and/or play all these guys. Van Gundy will have his hands full

So the Heat could have 4 future HOF players on the court at the same time (maybe Wade is a stretch).

lakers? - O'Neal, Malone, Bryant

What 4 players on the Heat are sure-to-be HOFers?

Shaq...maybe Payton, maybe 'Zo, maybe Wade, 'Toine won't make it, Jason Williams won't be in...are you prediciting Wayne Simien will make it?? ^_^

And don't forget, the Lakers had Payton along side Shaq, Kobe, and Karl.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I know it's way too early to say Wade based on a season. Don't you think Zo and Payton are pretty good bets?

Wade has had not one, but TWO good seasons, and it's still too early to tell.

And I really don't know if 'Zo and Payton get in.

Shaq, of course

Payton, probably

Wade, too early, but I believe he has the potential

Zo, no way... he was good, great at times, but not HOF worthy

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I know it's way too early to say Wade based on a season. Don't you think Zo and Payton are pretty good bets?

The Lakers didn't do too good with their group of four i guess

If Malone was healthy, the Lakers would have beat the Pistons

With the addition of Payton, Miami has now two future HOFers...

Zo? Puh-leeze. Wade? If he can play like he's been playing for the next 10-15 years, maybe.

That's it, that's the list.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well I was shocked when they lost, but here there is no Kobe to rip things apart.

Malone was hurt, Shaq forgot that you actually play defense, and GP hardly played. How's that Kobe's fault. He's the only one that actually gave a damn.

There's a huge reason Miami could very easily come up short and it wouldn't surprise me at all: Stan Van Gundy.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well I was shocked when they lost, but here there is no Kobe to rip things apart.

Antoine Walker is not exactly a team-first player, and neither is Jason Williams. There's plenty that could go wrong for the Heat.

And like gregjigga said, Stan Van Gundy could cause a lot of problems as well. He's a good coach, but he's not a championship coach.

payton was, and will always be a supersonic.

seattle loved everything about him

That's why they traded him for Ray Allen, right?

Either the Heat will win 60+ games...

or the Heat will lose 30+ games.

That's the way I see it. If things go well, everyone will gel, and they'll be the best in the East (not the League, San Antonio with Finley gets that distinction)

If Jason Williams and Antoine Walker act like themselves, then... well, not so much. It'll pretty much be the Lakers in 2004, only without the media market of LA.

Plus, that Payton for Allen trade worked out pretty well. It wasn't like Seattle was going anywhere with Gary towards the end, and they made the playoffs this past year. Meanwhile, look at Payton (who John Buccigross said 'couldn't play anymore' on ESPNews the other night). With the Bucks in 03, loses in the first round to New Jersey. With the Lakers in 2004, he underachieves and they lose in the Finals. And last season, with Boston, they lose in an embarrassing Game 7.

Hard to believe that Gary Payton, who spent so much time in Seattle, has been in Milwaukee, Los Angeles, Boston, Atlanta (technically), Boston (again) and now Miami. And all this just since February of 03.

Legend turned journeyman.

and Bill Walton.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

Archived