Pink Lockerroom at Iowa

pcgd

The law professor can kiss Hayden's butt !! Keep the pink, the law professor stinks.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

It's funny that you guys mention this, as I'm the Associate Sports Editor at the University of Connecticut's Daily Campus student newspaper and was actually planning on writing a feature about this issue.

I was having difficulty, however, finding any other teams, either Division I, II or III that use pink as a color. I wanted to get in touch with these schools to see what they think about the issue, but couldn't think of any myself.

I just sent PANTONE an e-mail about it since I know he's the colors expert around here, but I figured that maybe I'd ask you all if you know about any schools that use pink as part of their color scheme. It would help me out greatly. Plus, I could link you to the published story as soon as it runs.

I'd need help on this by Thursday or Friday at the latest, since it's slated to run on Monday and there won't be anyone in the athletics offices this weekend. A big thanks to anyone who can pass information my way!

-Zac

From Penn State's official website:

Penn State's student-athletes are instantly identified by their blue and white uniforms - but those weren't the original school colors. A three-member committee representing the sophomore, junior and senior classes was appointed in October of 1887 to develop color options from which the student body would select the school's official colors. Dark pink and black was the unanimous choice of the student body after considering the color combinations presented by the committee.

Soon many students and the baseball team were sporting pink and black striped blazers and caps. However, problems arose when the pink faded to white after several weeks of exposure to the sun. The students then opted for blue, rather than black, and white. The official announcement of the new choice was made on March 18, 1890.

Syracuse also once wore pink. See official sites on traditions and football history:

On Nov. 23 Syracuse travels to Rochester for its first intercollegiate football game. Wearing pink and blue uniforms, SU is trounced 36-0 to finish the year 0-1.

Too bad Syracuse and Penn State didn't play each other back then!

. . . . . .

FYI: A good listing of school colors and how they came to be can be found here.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

It's funny that you guys mention this, as I'm the Associate Sports Editor at the University of Connecticut's Daily Campus student newspaper and was actually planning on writing a feature about this issue.

I was having difficulty, however, finding any other teams, either Division I, II or III that use pink as a color. I wanted to get in touch with these schools to see what they think about the issue, but couldn't think of any myself.

I just sent PANTONE an e-mail about it since I know he's the colors expert around here, but I figured that maybe I'd ask you all if you know about any schools that use pink as part of their color scheme. It would help me out greatly. Plus, I could link you to the published story as soon as it runs.

I'd need help on this by Thursday or Friday at the latest, since it's slated to run on Monday and there won't be anyone in the athletics offices this weekend. A big thanks to anyone who can pass information my way!

-Zac

don't know if it relavent, but a HS we played was the Bunnies. Yes the guys were known as the Bunnies. The Junior High was the Scotties. (like the little dogs)

don't know if it relavent, but a HS we played was the Bunnies. Yes the guys were known as the Bunnies. The Junior High was the Scotties. (like the little dogs)

One of my college roommates' HS mascot was the Dandies, best described as "a well-dressed effeminate gentleman". Needless to say, they're now the Rockets.

The Hayden Fry stuff is all true, and since some teams went so far as to put up tarps to avoid looking at the pink walls, I'd say it worked.

Pink has also been used by some prison systems to try and pacify the inmates. Law professors don't get out much, and don't practice law as much as some of their peers who aren't teaching law. She needed a hobby and some attention. Like Martha Burk or the yahoos at PETA. And we're indulging her vanity by talking about it. If we ignore her, she will go away.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived