Wisconsin Osh Kosh Titans

rtrich11

I always thought it was cool that there are enough football playing schools in the Wisconsin system that they have their own D-III football conference....The WIAC

yup...and usually we all leave off the UWs and just refer to em by their town names...with that said, as a prodigal son of Whitewater, GO WARHAWKS!!!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

As far as that logo is concerned it looks to me like a man, presumely some sort of diety, with a lion's head (mane) situated on his head like a helmet/hat. Heracles was pictured in Greek mythology with a lion's man as his headdress. That might be what the logo was going for, even though Heracles had no real connection to the Titans. However he became a god, was the son of Zeus, and I supposed thats enough connection?

Now as far as party schools go... I'm going to have to put my vote in for Athens, GA. I've been to Athens, OH, its alright, but has nothing on Athens, GA. As far as Madison goes, I think its the only other college town that could rival Athens. There's something like 100+ bars in Athens.

UGA has over 33,000 students, and OU has barely 20,000. UGA is about an OU and a half. There are 57 bars in Athens, OH, which is also a smaller town. The clincher for OU is Halloween; Court Street in Athens is the 3rd largest party in the United States each year, behind Times Square on New Year's Eve and Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras. Game Over.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

As far as that logo is concerned it looks to me like a man, presumely some sort of diety, with a lion's head (mane) situated on his head like a helmet/hat.  Heracles was pictured in Greek mythology with a lion's man as his headdress.  That might be what the logo was going for, even though Heracles had no real connection to the Titans.  However he became a god, was the son of Zeus, and I supposed thats enough connection? 

Now as far as party schools go... I'm going to have to put my vote in for Athens, GA.  I've been to Athens, OH, its alright, but has nothing on Athens, GA.  As far as Madison goes, I think its the only other college town that could rival Athens.  There's something like 100+ bars in Athens.

UGA has over 33,000 students, and OU has barely 20,000. UGA is about an OU and a half. There are 57 bars in Athens, OH, which is also a smaller town. The clincher for OU is Halloween; Court Street in Athens is the 3rd largest party in the United States each year, behind Times Square on New Year's Eve and Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras. Game Over.

Nothing beats a school being forced to take its fall break during Halloween because it gets too crazy. Where did that happen? Southern Illinois.

Hey Discrim, don't forget the might Rangers of Parkside! :D

I don't think I knew it was D-II until Junior year at Carthage. I always thought it was a community college.

The UW system is a really nicely done for both athletics and academics. The magnets act almost like community colleges in some ways. You can go there for 2 years, get your feet wet and then step up to Madison, and everything transfers with no problems.

BTW...number of bars means nothing. Cause if it did, the winner would be Kenosha Wisconsin. For quite it held the unusual distiction of having one of the highest bars per capita (a bar for every 30 people or so) AND was one of Readers Digests 10 best places to raise a family.

I know I counted in the phone book when I was there and had to stop counting. You can't walk more than a block in any direction without running into a bar. Bar crawls down 52nd street are pretty hard to complete. If you have a drink at each one you've got a 12 pack in you by the time you get halfway down. And its not a college town at all.

Looksl ike several features, The Human element, (facial features, and as far as the helmet goes it seems to have a mix of god and titan-like elements, and the bolt of Zeus.

A little convoluted, but all in all a sharp logo.

Cool sigs, JQ, If you ever made a Vikings one, id most definately rock it with authority.

To stay on topic, this logo kind of sucks, but not badly. Its just a bit messy. Looks unfinished, but a good idea.

As far as that logo is concerned it looks to me like a man, presumely some sort of diety, with a lion's head (mane) situated on his head like a helmet/hat.  Heracles was pictured in Greek mythology with a lion's man as his headdress.  That might be what the logo was going for, even though Heracles had no real connection to the Titans.  However he became a god, was the son of Zeus, and I supposed thats enough connection? 

Now as far as party schools go... I'm going to have to put my vote in for Athens, GA.  I've been to Athens, OH, its alright, but has nothing on Athens, GA.  As far as Madison goes, I think its the only other college town that could rival Athens.  There's something like 100+ bars in Athens.

Everyone claims to have a "huge" party. Give some evidence on that, other than your opinion, then you might have something. Either or, a party once a year, doesn't make up for Athens, OH losing hands down to Athens, GA in every major entertainment category. Bars, women, music scene, etc. So take your Halloween party, I'll take my every night in Athens, every home football game (which probably brings in more people (around 150,000+ depending on if you include townies), and the bar scene downtown.

Not to get off topic, but that logo looks a like the LA Avengers and the Baltimore Ravens thrown together in a blender. I know, someone is going to say, "Ravens?! You're crazy!". But seriously, go back and look at it and think about the Ravens helmet decal. I think someone took that decal, tried to fit the Avengers head into it, ran out of space and filled the blank space with a lightning bolt. I think they took a bunch of blind kids, spun 'em around, gave 'em a bunch of glue and turds and said, "Go nuts."

BTW, party schools? Throw Washington State in the mix! We know how to do it.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Forgive me but I have to say this and everyone was thinking it. TITANS? Shouldn't they be known as the B'goshes and ahve a toddler in overalls as their logo? There. I went there... someone had too! :wacko:

Sorry...that's funny

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Not to get off topic, but that logo looks a like the LA Avengers and the Baltimore Ravens thrown together in a blender. I know, someone is going to say, "Ravens?! You're crazy!". But seriously, go back and look at it and think about the Ravens helmet decal. I think someone took that decal, tried to fit the Avengers head into it, ran out of space and filled the blank space with a lightning bolt. I think they took a bunch of blind kids, spun 'em around, gave 'em a bunch of glue and turds and said, "Go nuts.

Good assessment! Especially the turd part

Everyone claims to have a "huge" party. Give some evidence on that, other than your opinion, then you might have something. Either or, a party once a year, doesn't make up for Athens, OH losing hands down to Athens, GA in every major entertainment category. Bars, women, music scene, etc. So take your Halloween party, I'll take my every night in Athens, every home football game (which probably brings in more people (around 150,000+ depending on if you include townies), and the bar scene downtown.

Nobody at OU "claims" to have a huge party; we know we have the best one, hands down, and we have that distinction for that reason. Halloween isn't the only party, it's just the best and biggest. When the population of the city doubles for one Saturday night a year, people notice, and that's why we're only known for the "one HUGE party we 'claim' to host." Each year, 40,000 people cram onto a three block stretch of the coolest, old-world main street there is, with live music, all 19 bars hopping, street vendors a-plenty. 40,000 people. Three blocks. That's 40 people on any given 6 foot by 6 foot sidewalk block. It's easily the best college party in the country. There's a reason students from Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and other surrounding large universities come down each year.

In addition, each street that houses many students has its own party in the Spring. Palmerfest, Millfest, Highfest, and the like are huge parties in their own right, even though they don't get the reputation that Halloween does. A Lambda Chi party got raided by the ATF a few years ago. That's serious partying.

And I've been to Athens, GA as well. There's no way it beats Athens, OH in anything but home football games. Not bars, not women, not music scene. The Union was ranked by Stuff Magazine as one of the top small music venues in the country. There is such great entertainment every night in Athens, OH, and add to it the two hundred year-old brick streets and "Main Street College Town" atmosphere on any given night, and it's one of the best little big towns in the country. Pound for pound, it's definitely at least on the same level as Athens, GA. The towns are so similar in their atmosphere and charm, but Athens, GA is quite a bit larger, and near civilization, instead of nestled in the Appalachian mountains an hour and a half from a major city.

And the third biggest party in the country comment wasn't my opinion, it was a legit stat published in the Athens News last year after the final tallies were in for visitors and cost.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

My dad can beat up your dad.

Seriously, though, does anybody think the logo is looks kinda like a leaf, as well. Don't know if Oshkosh is known for trees or leaves or something, but that could be one of the intended design elements.

Or not.

Archived